|Oakland Athletics – No. 49|
|Born: January 15, 1994|
|May 3, 2019, for the Oakland Athletics|
|MLB statistics |
(through May 5, 2019)
|Runs batted in||0|
Bolt attended Holy Innocents' Episcopal School in Atlanta, Georgia. He played for the school's baseball team, and the Washington Nationals selected him in the 26th round of the 2012 MLB draft. He did not sign, and enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he played college baseball for the North Carolina Tar Heels. As a freshman, he was named Second Team All-Atlantic Coast Conference and a Freshman All-American. He also made USA Baseball's collegiate national baseball team.
The Athletics selected Bolt in the fourth round, with the 128th overall selection, of the 2015 MLB draft. He made his professional debut in 2015 with the Vermont Lake Monsters, hitting .238/.325/.381/.706 with 4 home runs and 19 RBI. He played for the Beloit Snappers in 2016, hitting .231/.318/.345/.663 with 5 home runs and 37 RBI. In 2017, he played for the Stockton Ports, hitting .243/.327/.435/.762 with 15 home runs and 66 RBI. Bolt began the 2018 season with the Midland RockHounds of the Class AA Texas League, but struggled and was sent down to the Stockton Ports of the Class A-Advanced California League. He was promoted back to Midland in June. For the week of July 30 through August 5, Bolt was the Texas League's Player of the Week. He hit a combined .260/.347/.474/.821 with 19 home runs and 69 RBI during the 2018 season. After the season, the Athletics assigned him to the Mesa Solar Sox of the Arizona Fall League.
The Athletics added Bolt to their 40-man roster after the 2018 season. He began 2019 with the Las Vegas Aviators of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League. The Athletics promoted him to the major leagues on May 3, and he made his debut that night.
- "No limits for Georgia outfielder Skye Bolt - ESPNHS Baseball". ESPN. May 23, 2012. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Sandy Springs (June 9, 2015). "Holy Innocents' Skye Bolt Drafted by Oakland A's | Sandy Springs, GA Patch". Patch.com. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- "Skye Bolt". The Baseball Cube. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- Dindinger, Peter (June 20, 2018). "TEXAS LEAGUE BASEBALL: Bolt returns to RockHounds with five-tool ability - Odessa American: Rockhounds". Oaoa.com. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- "More than just a name: A's Skye Bolt worked to regain favor". www.SFChronicle.com. February 21, 2019. Retrieved May 4, 2019.
- "RockHounds' Bolt named TL Player of the Week - Midland Reporter-Telegram". Mrt.com. August 6, 2018. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Lara-Cinisomo, Vincent (October 12, 2018). "Bolt caps breakout year with AFL stint". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Gorcey, Ryan (November 21, 2018). "Oakland Athletics finalize 40-man roster ahead of Rule 5 eligibility deadline". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- "A's to promote switch-hitting outfielder Skye Bolt". www.SFChronicle.com. May 3, 2019. Retrieved May 4, 2019.