Skyguard (area defense system)
Skyguard is a chemical laser-based area defense system proposed by Northrop Grumman, to protect airports and other areas against a variety of military threats including short-range ballistic missiles, short- and long-range rockets, artillery shells, mortars, unmanned aerial vehicles and cruise missiles. Each shot costs about $1,000 which represents the cost of consumable chemicals.
- Tactical High Energy Laser, a joint American-Israeli laser system for missile defense.
- Iron Dome, missile system deployed in Israel
- Skyshield, Swiss short range air defence system
- Defense Update: Skyguard Laser Based Counter MANPADS CRAM System retrieved March 11, 2012
- Northrop Grumman Develops Skyguard Laser Defense System For Local Defense
- Popular Science Reviews Skyguard - With Video Popular Science
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|