|Transistors||10 nm (Tri-Gate) transistors|
|Instructions||x86-64, Intel 64|
|Predecessor||Coffee Lake (2nd Optimization)|
|Successor||Ice Lake (Architecture)|
Cannonlake (formerly Skymont) is Intel's codename for the 10-nanometer die shrink of the Coffee Lake microarchitecture. As a die shrink, Cannonlake is a new process in Intel's "Process-Architecture-Optimization" execution plan as the next step in semiconductor fabrication.
Cannonlake was initially expected to be released in 2016, but the release was pushed back to 2018. Intel demonstrated a laptop with an unknown Cannonlake CPU at CES 2017 and announced that Cannonlake based products will be available in 2018 at the earliest. Before Cannonlake's launch, Intel is expected to launch another 14 nm process refinement with the codename Coffee Lake.
- AVX-512 instruction set extension
- Gen 10 GPU
- 300 series chipset
- Integrated Programmable (Open FW SDK) Quad-Core Audio DSP
- Soundwire Digital Audio Interface
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbit/s) support, 6 ports
- Integrated Intel Wireless-AC (Wi-Fi/BT CNVi)
- Integrated SDXC 3.0 controller
- Thunderbolt 3.0 (Titan Ridge) with DisplayPort 1.4 support
- C10 & S0ix Support for Modern Standby
- Thermal design power (TDP) up to 95 W (LGA 1151)
- "Intel reschedules Cannon Lake launch to year-end 2018, say sources". DigiTimes. 2017-09-20.
- Kirsch, Nathan (2016-02-21). "Intel Cannonlake Added To LLVM’s Clang – AVX-512". Legit Reviews. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- "Intel’s delayed 10nm tech to be uncovered at next month's Intel Developer Forum". PC Games N. 2017-06-08.
- "Intel's Cannonlake 10nm Microarchitecture is Due For 2016 - Compatible On Union Bay With Union Point PCH". WCCFTech. 2014-06-06. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Intel confirms tick-tock-shattering Kaby Lake processor as Moore’s Law falters". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Here's How Intel Is Finally Getting Back on Track With Moore's Law". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Intel Kicks Off CES 2017 with VR, Automated Driving, 5G News and Experiences | Intel Newsroom". Intel Newsroom. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Intel Coffee Lake release date, news and features". Tech Radar. 2017-08-09.
- "Intel's Kaby Lake will sneak in before the 10nm process". Digital Trends. 25 Jan 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "What's the Name of Intel's Third 10-Nanometer Chip?". The Motley Fool. 25 Jan 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-01.