|Industry||Internet Service Provider (ISP),Telecommunications|
|Headquarters||7310 Miramar Rd. Ste. 600 San Diego, CA 92126|
|Products||broadband Internet, VPN, termporary/event bandwidth|
Number of employees
Skyriver is a business broadband Internet provider headquartered in San Diego, California. Skyriver delivers broadband connectivity for enterprise and small businesses, utilizing its proprietary millimeter wave technology. Skyriver offers commercial grade services including dedicated Internet access, Virtual Private Network (VPN), redundancy, and temporary Internet/event bandwidth in California.
Skyriver was founded in September 2000. In March 2003 Skyriver formed the SkyWeb Alliance with two other regional providers in California. Skyriver acquired California based internet service provider Terracom Network Services (TNS), closing the deal in March 2004. In 2005 Skyriver acquired San Diego based IT outsourcing provider Integrate IT, Inc. In 2007 Skyriver completed its backhaul upgrade in anticipation of its planned WiMAX rollout. In 2007 Skyriver added Orange County, California to its fixed wireless service area. Wireless broadband rates of 3 Mbps to 200 Mbps were marketed in Anaheim, La Habra, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Brea and Orange. In 2008 Skyriver acquired the assets of Nethere, Inc.. In 2017, Skyriver deployed 5G class Point to Multipoint (PTMP) millimeter wave broadband service, leveraging millimeter wave spectrum.
Skyriver offers dedicated, symmetrical commercial broadband service, scalable up to 250 Mbps. Skyriver serves businesses and is not a provider of residential services.
Skyriver uses fixed wireless technology between mountain top and building top base stations to create a core network with a ring architecture with numerous gigabit connections to major data centers for Tier 1 peering to the Internet. For the core network, Skyriver utilizes FCC licensed spectrum including 11 and 18 GHz. Skyriver extends service from their core network to their customers via licensed millimeter wave spectrum.
Skyriver does not lease or utilize any of the network architecture from major telecommunication providers.
- "Skyriver Communications". Company web site. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- Gerry Blackwell (March 25, 2003). "The SkyWeb Alliance". Wi-Fi Planet. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "SkyWeb Alliance". web site. Archived from the original on March 20, 2003. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "Web Hosting Company Skyriver Communications Completes Acquisition of TNS". The Hosting News. March 31, 2004. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "Skyriver Communications Completes Major Upgrade of Backbone Network Infrastructure". News release. June 6, 2007. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "Skyriver Communications Completes Acquisition of Fixed Wireless Assets of Nethere, Inc". News release. April 21, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- Wimax Forum
- Google Finance
- Skyriver and the Southern California Wildfires 2007
- Skyriver homepage
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|