|Public (SEHK: 751, SZSE: 000810)|
|Founder||Huang Hongsheng, Stephen Wong|
|Zhang Xuebin, CEO, Executive Director|
|Products||Set-top boxes, televisions, A/V security products, mobile phones, auto electronics, and precision dies|
Skyworth (Chinese: 创维), full name Hong Kong Skyworth Digital Holdings Co., Ltd., is a Chinese holding company. Its subsidiaries design, manufacture and sell televisions and audio-visual products. They also invest in properties. Headquartered in Nanshan High-tech Park, Shenzhen, as of 2010, Skyworth has operations in Hong Kong and Inner Mongolia as well as at locations like Guangdong Province at Shenzen, Guangzhou, and Dongguan.
The company refers to itself as an "industry cluster", but it may serve as an anchor for multiple integrated industrial-base sites. Skyworth is a member of the Chinese consortium that developed the Enhanced Versatile Disc. It is also an OEM, making televisions that retail under brand names other than its own.
From 1996 to 2000 is termed by the company its "fast growth period"; during which it was the number four, in term of production volume, television manufacturing company in China. This period of growth culminated with an IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in April 2000.
After 2000, Skyworth experienced problems resulting from such quick expansion. It shuttered a small appliances unit and sold to creditors an 80% equity stake in its newly minted mobile phone subsidiary for a nominal sum. The firm has experienced lower sales and tighter margins in a sector that has been slow to bring out new products. Greener LED TVs are seen as a bright spot in a gloomy market.
Skyworth has many wholly owned subsidiaries and is partner in many joint ventures. A chart depicting its organizational structure c. 2008 depicts a number of registered companies producing a plethora of products. The below is an incomplete list.
Skyworth USA Corporation
In 2017 Skyworth opens first USA Corporate Branch office in California. Skyworth USA Corporation.
- Shenzhen Coocaa Network Technology Co Ltd
A joint venture with Netac Technology, Shenzhen Coocaa Network Technology Co Ltd provides free high-definition movie and video download services. Its first product was a television that can play video from special USB flash drives.
- Shenzhen Skyworth Automobile Electronics Co Lt.
- Shenzhen Skyworth Digital Technology Co Ltd
The second biggest subsidiary of Skyworth Group Co Ltd, its focus is on set-top boxes. It was created from the union of Skyworth Bandwidth Co Ltd and a Skyworth R&D team. It also has made Enhanced Versatile Disc players. Located in the Nanshan District of Shenzhen, it operates two factories in the city, one of which is in Shiyan county in the Bao'an District of Shenzhen, most probably at the Skyworth high-tech industrial park in Tangtou village. Skyworth Digital Technology's R&D wing is also located in the Nanshan District of Shenzhen.
- Shenzhen Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co Ltd
Skyworth Group co-established Shenzhen Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co Ltd with China Shenzhen Television Company or China Shenzhen Color TV Company and either China National Electronic Devices Company or China Electronic Component Industry Company in 1993.
- Skyworth Marco Commercial Offshore Co Ltd
Skyworth Marco Commercial Offshore Co Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary invested by Skyworth in November, 2000, and tasked with the research and development, production, sale and distribution of TV and AV products for the overseas market. It is a Chinese OEM/ODM with operations in Shenzen and Inner Mongolia.
- Skyworth Mobile Communication (Shenzhen) Ltd
Established in 2003, it manufacturers mobile phones. Due to losses and the amount of debt it had taken on, 80% of ownership in Skyworth Mobile was sold for the nominal cost of one yuan and one Hong Kong Dollar to creditors Shenzhen Baoyi and Shine Success in 2008 with the understanding that they would inject more cash into the enterprise.
- Skyworth Precision Technology Co Ltd
Located in the Skyworth high-tech industrial park the Tangtou village of Shiyan County, Bao'an District, Shenzhen, Skyworth Precision Technology Co Ltd manufactures moulds for use in the injection molding of parts for household appliances, automobile components, televisions, etc.
- Skyworth TTG Holdings Ltd
As of 2008, it had locations in the US, China, Norway, and Singapore.
- Skyworth Qunxin Security and Protection Technology Co Ltd
Other subsidiaries include: Skyworth Multimedia (Shenzhen) Co Ltd, Skyworth Photoelectric Science & Technology Co Ltd, Shenzhen Display Technology Co Ltd, Skyworth Application Electronics Co Ltd, Skyworth LCD Technology Co Ltd, Skyworth Die Plant, Skyworth Semiconductors Company, and SHENZHEN SKYWORTH QUNXIN AN FANG TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Production bases and facilities
Skyworth has a number of production facilities. Television productions bases are located at the New Guangming District of Shenzhen, in the Hohhot Economic Development Area of Inner Mongolia, at a flat display industrial park in the Shiyan county of the Bao'an District, Shenzhen, and at the Guangzhou Economic and Technology Development Zone in Guangzhou.
While its main manufacturing occurs in China, Skyworth may have a preference for less-easily breached, overseas R&D centers. These include offices in Hong Kong and Silicon Valley, in the US state of California. Shenzhen is also site for R&D efforts.
In 2014 their partners included: Inview Technology Ltd, a UK based company specialising in advanced EPGs for digital TV. Skyworth announced that they will be offering operators a number of Inview’s services including advertising, Push-VOD and multiscreen. Inview has also developed the software platform for Skyworth’s HDMI dongle that allows users to view content such as VOD, live streamed channels and social networking apps on any television, controlled by their mobile phones. The TV provides the content and the mobile device provides gesture input.
Digital terrestrial television
CCTV, satellite TV and local channel HD, China traffic channel HD.
- Company Profile Archived 2008-12-03 at Archive.today Skyworth Group Official Site
- "Company Profile for Skyworth Digital Holdings Ltd (751)". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- About Skyworth Archived 2009-06-16 at the Wayback Machine Skyworth Overseas Official Site
- OEM/ODM Archived 2009-06-16 at the Wayback Machine Skyworth Marco Commercial Offshore Co. Ltd. Official Site
- Skyworth Listed in Shenzhen Top 100 Enterprises Archived 2009-10-31 at the Wayback Machine Skyworth Digital Technology Co. Ltd. Official Site
- "About Skyworth". About Skyworth. Skyworth. Archived from the original on October 31, 2012. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Master of Innovation? businessweek.com, APRIL 14, 2003
- Skyworth Digital Holdings Limited Annual Report 2007/08[permanent dead link]
- "Group > About Us". skyworth.com. Skyworth Group. Archived from the original on 2016-06-21. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2007 dbpower.com
- Chronicles Archived 2007-01-26 at Archive.today Skyworth Group Official Site
- DISCLOSEABLE TRANSACTION INVOLVING DISPOSAL OF 80% EQUITY INTEREST IN 創維移動通信技術(深圳)有限公司 (SKYWORTH MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS) singtao.com
- "Group Structure". skyworthmobile.com. Skyworth Group. Archived from the original on 19 June 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Skyworth and Netac set up Coocaa Network Technology Co., Ltd. jointly Skyworth Mobile Official Site
- About Company Archived 2007-11-19 at the Wayback Machine Shenzhen Skyworth Automobile Electronics Co Ltd Official Site
- Skyworth Profile Archived 2009-07-15 at the Wayback Machine Skyworth Official Site
- Skyworth Milestone Archived 2010-11-24 at the Wayback Machine Skyworth Digital Technology Co. Ltd. Official Site
- Chinese firms make final effort on Enhanced Versatile Disc EE Times India, 27 Dec 2006.
- Skyworth Digital's Global Sources page globalsources.com
- Skyworth Digital's Global Sources page, Factory Tour globalsources.com
- Skyworth Digital's Global Sources page, R&D globalsources.com
- About Us Skyworth Mobile Official Site
- About Us Skyworth Precision Technology Co Ltd Official Site
- Formation of Skyworth TTG Joint Venture Skyworth TTG Official Site, Press Releases, September 19, 2008
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards 2010 Winner - Telenor Oracle Official Site, Announcements, 2010
- Skyworth Qunxin Security and Protection Technology Co., Ltd. About madeinchina.com
- OEM/ODM Archived 2009-06-16 at the Wayback Machine Skyworth Overseas Official Site
- Skyworth forged a strategic alliance with LG Display[permanent dead link] Skyworth press release, 7 April 2008
- "Skyworth to launch new Inview services aimed at maximising operator revenues throughout its product range". www.inview.tv. Inview Technology. Archived from the original on 2014-07-26. Retrieved July 2014. Check date values in:
- "Inview Technology Partner with Novatek to Launch Innovative Digital TV Platform". sys-con.com Media. 2012-04-16.
- Skyworth Group (in Chinese)
- Skyworth Group (in English)
- Skyworth Digital Technology Co. Ltd. (in English)
- Skyworth Overseas (in English)
- Photo Gallery of Skyworth TTG locations