Slab Fork, West Virginia
Street view, Slab Fork, West Virginia
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Slab Fork is an unincorporated community in Raleigh County, West Virginia, United States with a population of 202. Slab Fork is located along a stream of the same name and West Virginia Route 54. The ZIP code for Slab Fork is 25920.
The community's percentage of married households is lower than the national average, but the percentage of families (households with children) is higher than the national average. The median income in Slab Fork is approximately $33,500, which is 20% lower than the national average. As of the 2000 United States Census, none of the residents had received a college degree. According to the 2000 census, 199 of the community's 202 residents were white, two were of mixed race, and one was an Alaskan native or American Indian.
- Earl Francis, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Doris Payne, noted jewel thief
- Bill Withers, Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter
- 25920 zip code - Slab Fork
- West Virginia Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Me.: DeLorme. 1997. p. 59. ISBN 0-89933-246-3.
- Slab Fork Neighborhood Profile on Yahoo! Real Estate - Demographics, Cost of Living & more!
|This article about a location in Raleigh County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|