|• Total||25.230 sq mi (65.35 km2)|
|• Land||21.577 sq mi (55.88 km2)|
|• Water||3.653 sq mi (9.46 km2)|
|Elevation||354 ft (108 m)|
|• Density||160/sq mi (63/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||120302|
Holtville/Slapout is located on the western bank of Lake Jordan, and much of its population lives along this lakeshore, or in the neighboring Lightwood community.
According to tradition, the old name of Slapout was derived from a storekeeper's way of stating an item was out of stock: he was "slap out of it".
- Jessica Meuse, contestant on the thirteenth season of American Idol
- Randy Nix, a Republican member of the Georgia House of Representatives for the 69th district.
- John Findley, Basketball standout with the Holtville Bulldogs, 1984-1986.
- Will Hardy, University of Alabama football player
In Popular Culture
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Holtville". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Jun 9, 1971. "Some towns sure have funny names". The Miami News. pp. 4A. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UOTYB6QHdM "Holtville, Alabama : A Rural Community"
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|