Slavica Ecclestone in 1991
2 June 1958
|Net worth||$1.2 billion|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
(m. 1985–2009, divorced)
Ecclestone was born in Rijeka, PR Croatia, FPR Yugoslavia where her Bosnian Serb parents — Jovo Radić and Ljubica Malić from Maglajani and Riječani, respectively, both villages within the Laktaši municipality, PR Bosnia-Herzegovina — had settled shortly before her birth in search of expanded job opportunities. The family soon moved back to northern Bosnia to her father's village meaning Slavica would spend the majority of her childhood in Maglajani. After her parents divorced when she was only 7 years old, being raised by her mother Ljubica, Slavica was taught to "not do to someone else what you wouldn't want to be done to yourself."
In her early career Slavica worked as an international fashion model, modelling for a number of leading clients, including the designer Armani. While working on a Formula One promotional event for Armani at the 1982 Italian Grand Prix in Monza, she met Bernie Ecclestone.
Bernie pursued Slavica despite the 28-year age difference, the language barrier (she spoke Serbian and Italian, he spoke only English), and their difference in height. At 6 feet 1 inches (1.86 m), Slavica was nearly a foot taller than her suitor, Ecclestone being only 5 ft 2½ in (1.59 m) tall.
In November 2008 Slavica filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage.  The divorce was granted on 11 March 2009. She topped the Sunday Times’ Rich List in the "richest divorcees" category after she was awarded an estimated £740 million.
- S., M. (14 August 2009). "Život kao bombona". Novine Toronto (in Serbian).
- Red Carpet (10 March 2008). "Video: Odakle je zapravo Slavica Ecclestone?". Dnevnik.hr (in Croatian).
- Marko Ćustić (11 September 2003). "Goran Milić trying to extort money from Bernie Ecclestone". Nacional (weekly). Archived from the original on 25 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Goran Milić ucjenjuje Bernieja Ecclestonea" [Goran Milić blackmails Bernie Ecclestone]. Nacional (in Croatian) (408). 11 September 2003. Archived from the original on 3 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Edworthy, Sarah (27 October 2006). "My Sport: Tamara Ecclestone". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- Lovell (2004) p.345
- "GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Hello boys! Petra gives birth to twins". Mail Online. 18 April 2015.
- Alan Henry, The Power Brokers: The Battle for F1's Billions, Motorbooks International, ISBN 0-7603-1650-3, p. 79
- John Forster and Nigel Pope, The Political Economy of Global Sports Organisations, (citing The Economist) p. 73
- Christopher McDougall and Glenn Stout, The Best American Sports Writing 2014, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, p. 264
- "F1 Ecclestone's mother-in-law 'kidnapped'". 26 July 2016 – via www.bbc.com.
- "Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone". 27 April 2008 – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- O'Connor, Clare. "Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone - pg.9". Forbes.
- "Ecclestone's mother-in-law 'kidnapped in Brazil'". Financial Times.
- "The 10 most expensive divorce settlements in history total over $11 billion — here's who walked away with the most".
- "Bernie Ecclestone divorce confirmed". crash.net. 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone's Divorce Finalized Yahoo Sports, 11 March 2009
- "Best way to get rich quick? Get divorced: How ex-wives to the super-wealthy have made their way into the rich list". Daily Mail. London.