Slavica Ecclestone in 2014
2 June 1958
Rijeka, Yugoslavia (now Croatia)
|Net worth||$1.2 billion|
(m. 1985–2009, divorced)
Slavica Ecclestone (born 2 June 1958) is the ex-wife of Formula One CEO Bernie Ecclestone and a former model.
She was born Slavica Radić (Serbian Cyrillic: Славица Радић), in Rijeka, Yugoslavia (now Croatia) on 2 June 1958 to ethnic Serb parents, Jovan "Jovo" Radić and Ljubica (née Malić), who were originally from the villages of Maglajani and Riječani, respectively, in the Laktaši municipality, SR BiH, Yugoslavia (now Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina). Even though she was born in Rijeka, where her parents settled as a young couple in search of better job opportunities, Slavica would spend the majority of her childhood in Maglajani. After her parents divorced when she was only 7-year-old, being raised by her mother Ljubica, Slavica was taught to "not do to someone else what you wouldn't want to be done to yourself."
In her early career Slavica worked as an international fashion model, modelling for a number of leading clients, including the designer Armani. While working on a Formula One promotional event for Armani at the 1982 Italian Grand Prix in Monza, she met Bernie Ecclestone.
Bernie pursued Slavica despite the 28-year age difference, the language barrier (she spoke Serbo-Croatian and Italian, he spoke only English), and their difference in height. At 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m), Slavica was nearly a foot taller than her suitor, Ecclestone being only 5 ft 2½ in (1.59 m) tall.
In November 2008 Slavica filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage. The divorce was granted on 11 March 2009. She topped the Sunday Times’ Rich List in the "richest divorcees" category after she was awarded an estimated £740 million.
- S., M. (14 August 2009). "Život kao bombona". Novine Toronto (in Serbian).
- Red Carpet (10 March 2008). "Video: Odakle je zapravo Slavica Ecclestone?". Dnevnik.hr (in Croatian).
- Marko Ćustić (11 September 2003). "Goran Milić trying to extort money from Bernie Ecclestone". Nacional (weekly). Archived from the original on 25 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Goran Milić ucjenjuje Bernieja Ecclestonea" [Goran Milić blackmails Bernie Ecclestone]. Nacional (in Croatian) (408). 11 September 2003. Archived from the original on 3 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Edworthy, Sarah (27 October 2006). "My Sport: Tamara Ecclestone". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- Lovell (2004) p.345
- "GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Hello boys! Petra gives birth to twins". Mail Online. 18 April 2015.
- "Bernie Ecclestone divorce confirmed". crash.net. 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone's Divorce Finalized Yahoo Sports, 11 March 2009
- "Best way to get rich quick? Get divorced: How ex-wives to the super-wealthy have made their way into the rich list". Daily Mail. London.