|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Slavuta, Khmelnitskyi Oblast
|First mention date||XVII|
|• Mayor||Vasyl B. Sydor|
|• Total||20 km2 (8 sq mi)|
|• Density||1.772/km2 (4.59/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+380 3842|
Slavuta (Ukrainian: Славута, Russian: Славу́та, Polish: Sławuta, Yiddish: סלאוויטא Slavita) is a city of oblast subordinance in the Khmelnytskyi Oblast (province) of western Ukraine, located on the Horyn River. Serving as the administrative center of the Slavutskyi Raion (district), the city itself is also designated as a separate raion within the oblast, and is located approximately 80 km from the oblast capital, Khmelnytskyi, at around . The city's population is 35,442 (Jan. 1, 2011).
Located in Volhynia, Slavuta was founded by a member of Zaslawski family in 1633. As the family extinguished, all its possessions were transferred to Lubomirski family. Eventually the town was passed on to Marianna Lubomirska who married Pawel Sanguszko who turned the town into the family seat of the Sanguszko princes.
Between 1922 and 1939 it was on the Soviet border with Poland.
- Henryk Rzewuski was a Polish Romantic-era journalist and novelist.
- Evsei Liberman was a Soviet economist.
- Moshé Feldenkrais physicist and the founder of the Feldenkrais Method, designed to improve human functioning by increasing self-awareness through movement.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko was a Ukrainian politician who was Director-General of the National Space Agency of Ukraine from 2009 to 2010.
- Family Sanguszko (Belarusian: Сангушка, Ukrainian: Сангушко) is a Polish-Lithuanian noble family of the Ruthenian (now Ukrainian) stock from the Gediminid dynasty. Like other princely houses of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- The official site (Ukrainian)
- City Slavuta (Ukrainian)
- Department of Education Slavuta (Ukrainian)
- The discount card Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (Ukrainian)
- History of Jewish Community in Slavuta
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Slavuta.|