The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Sleepycat License (sometimes referred to as Berkeley database license where berkeley database is a library intended to provide a high performance embedded database for key/value data which is written in 'C' or the Sleepycat Public License) is a copyleft free software license used by Oracle Corporation for the open-source editions of Berkeley DB, Berkeley DB Java Edition and Berkeley DB XML embedded database products older than version 6.0.20. (Starting with version 6.0.20, the open-source editions are instead licensed under the GNU AGPL v3.)
- "License information". The Debian Project. Software in the Public Interest (published 2017-07-12). 1997–2017. Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
... This page presents the opinion of some debian-legal contributors on how certain licenses follow the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG). ... Licenses currently found in Debian main include:
- Sleepycat License
- "Various Licenses and Comments about Them". The GNU Project. Free Software Foundation (published 2017-04-04). 2014–2017. Berkeley Database License (a.k.a. the Sleepycat Software Product License). Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
... This is a free software license, compatible with the GNU GPL. ...
- "Licenses by Name". Open Source Initiative. n.d. Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
... The following licenses have been approved by the OSI. ...
- Sleepycat License (Sleepycat)
- Berkeley DB Paper
- Discussion on the potential of the license at libreplanet-discuss mailing list
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|