This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Slice is an online food ordering platform for independent pizzerias. It allows pizzeria owners to offer their products to their customers using a mobile-optimized website and their customers can place orders through the Slice app and social media channels. The company claims their platform is used by 9,000 pizzerias in 2,500 towns and cities in the US. It also claims to have processed more than $100 million worth of deliveries in 2017 and to have filled a total of over 12 million orders since 2010.
Slice was founded in 2010 by Ilir Sela and was originally called MyPizza. In July 2016, Slice closed on a $3 million Series A funding round. In May 2017, the company raised $15 million led by GGV Capital. In 2020, Slice got more attention due to the COVID-19 pandemic forcing restaurants to shut down and focus on delivery and take out. Slice helped small businesses compete against bigger competitors.
- Sedacca, Matthew (2018-06-23). "With the Slice App, Local Pizzerias Get a Bigger Piece of the Market". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2018-08-24. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Ha, Anthony (2016-11-10). "Slice makes it easy for you to order from your favorite pizzeria". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on 2017-02-05. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Cawley, Terence (2017-08-29). "Now you can order pizza online from mom-and-pop places you couldn't before". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Fernandez, Frank (2016-10-12). "Ordering Pizza Just Got a Whole Lot Easier". Fox Business. Archived from the original on 2018-02-25. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Sedacca, Matthew (2018-07-13). "With the Slice app, local pizzerias get a bigger piece of the market". CNBC. Archived from the original on 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Feldman, Amy (2018-04-30). "Pizza Unchained: Tech Startup Slice Helps Local Pizzerias Get Online And Fight Back Against Domino's". Forbes. Archived from the original on 2018-09-06. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Dawson, Gloria (2017-01-30). "Can Mom-and-Pop Pizzerias Be Modernized?". Eater. Archived from the original on 2018-07-26. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Case, Wesley (2017-09-28). "Slice, a pizza delivery app, arrives in Baltimore". Baltimore Sun. Archived from the original on 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Hartmans, Avery (2016-10-13). "This one-person startup that sells pizza is so profitable, the founder has hired over 100 people in less than a year with hardly any investors". Business Insider. Archived from the original on 2018-03-09. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Novellino, Teresa (2016-10-13). "Slice app helps local pizza joints nationwide take on Domino's Pizza". New York Business Journal. Archived from the original on 2017-05-29. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Del Rey, Jason (2017-05-17). "Domino's is crushing it online so a startup got $15 million to help pizzerias fight back". Recode. Archived from the original on 2017-06-11. Retrieved 2018-09-15.