Slidell High School
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Slidell High School|
|Motto||Truth Shines a Guiding Light|
|School district||St. Tammany Parish Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Kelly green and white|
|Athletics||Football, basketball, baseball, softball, track & field, soccer, volleyball, golf, swimming, tennis, power lifting, cross country|
|Athletics conference||LHSAA District 6-5A|
|Rival||Salmen High School, Northshore High School|
|Extracurriculars||Cheerleading, band, robotics, flag team, Swingerettes (dance team), NJROTC, clubs|
|Website||Slidell High School|
Slidell High School is a public school for grades nine through twelve located in Slidell, Louisiana, United States. It is part of the St. Tammany Parish Public School District and serves portions of west and central Slidell.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Matt Forte, football running back drafted 2nd round by Chicago Bears now playing for New York Jets
- Will Harris, current MLB player (Houston Astros)
- Gerry E. Hinton, chiropractor and member of the Louisiana State Senate (1984–1996) and the Slidell City Council
- Xavier Paul, Major League Baseball outfielder who currently plays for the Cincinnati Reds
- J. Kevin Pearson (1977), Louisiana state representative, 2007–2011, District 76 
- Matthew P. "Pete" Schneider, III, Slidell businessman and member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from 1992–2008
- Ed Scogin (1921–1999) (class of 1938), state representative, 1972–1992, and St. Tammany Parish police jury member, 1968-1972
- "Slidell High School". Slidellhigh.stpsb.org. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- "Slidell High School Attendance Boundary - St. Tammany Parish Public". Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- NOLA Blog
- "Will Harris". BaseballReference.com. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Xavier Paul". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2010-12-05.