A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Video creation service|
|Founded||Tel Aviv, Israel 2012|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Tom More (Founder)|
Number of employees
Slidely (a.k.a. Promo by Slidely or previously Slide.ly) is a popular visual-content creation service and a cloud-based video creation service that is easy to use allowing the creation of video slideshows from photos, slideshows, video clips, and music. The company is based in Tel Aviv, Israel., with offices in NY and Warsaw, Poland.
Slidely was founded as part of EasyHi Ltd in 2012 by Tom More, as a way to communicate the emotions behind his photos. In June 2012, Slidely launched a web application for users to create video slideshows from their photos and music. In September it went out of beta and in less than a year, the company reported that over two billion photos were shared using its web service.
In July 2016 the company released its B2B product, PROMO, which provides access to millions of premium quality video clips from world renowned partners, pre-edited licensed music and a user-friendly interface for customizing messages and logos. With PROMO, users have the tools to create videos quickly, easily and affordably that can compete with the big brands. Since its release Promo has helped hundreds of thousands of businesses create videos, and the company reportedly doubled its team and became cash flow positive. In early 2018 the company won Best B2B Product of the year from Product Hunt, for their video creation service, Promo.
- Perez, Sarah. "Slide.ly Is Bringing Back The Mashup With Its Social Slideshow Service". Techcrunch. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Israeli slideshow app Slidely bags $7.3M to fund mobile plans". VC Post. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Slidely acquires UnStock - 2017-10-03 | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- More, Tom (3 May 2013). "Featured Startup Pitch: EasyHi's Slide.ly app enables the easy organizing of photos and videos as dynamic slideshows". Startup Beat. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Slide.ly iPhone App". Apple. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Veena Bissram. "Turn Holiday Photos Into a Video Slideshow With Slide.ly". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Easy Hi Launches Slide.ly and Receives $1M of Seed Funding". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Weber, Harrison (10 April 2014). "Slidely's 40M users and $7.3M in funding shows slideshows may be sexy after all". Venture Beat. Retrieved 23 April 2014.