||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015)|
|Industry||Video creation service
|Founded||Tel Aviv, Israel 2012|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Tom More (Founder)|
Number of employees
Slidely (a.k.a. Slide.ly) is an image-based social network and a cloud-based video creation service that allows users to create video slideshows from photos, slideshows, video clips, and music. The company is based in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Slidely was founded as part of EasyHi Ltd in 2012 by Tom More, as a way to communicate the emotions behind his photos. In June 2012, Slidely launched a web application for users to create video slideshows from their photos and music. In September it went out of beta and in less than a year, the company reported that over two billion photos were shared using its web service.
Registration is required to use the service. Users can access the site through a normal web browser or through the site's mobile iOS app for iPhone. Users can post content directly to Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr. Slidely also offers blog widgets and image badges which can be embedded in blogs or websites.
Users can upload and share slideshow videos or collage photos via Facebook albums and images, Instagram, Google Images, Flickr, Picasa and from their personal computer. Real time effects can be added on images along with music. The created videos can be directly uploaded to YouTube from user's devices.
- Perez, Sarah. "Slide.ly Is Bringing Back The Mashup With Its Social Slideshow Service". Techcrunch. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Israeli slideshow app Slidely bags $7.3M to fund mobile plans". VC Post. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- More, Tom (3 May 2013). "Featured Startup Pitch: EasyHi’s Slide.ly app enables the easy organizing of photos and videos as dynamic slideshows". Startup Beat. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Slide.ly iPhone App". Apple. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Veena Bissram. "Turn Holiday Photos Into a Video Slideshow With Slide.ly". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Easy Hi Launches Slide.ly and Receives $1M of Seed Funding". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Weber, Harrison (10 April 2014). "Slidely’s 40M users and $7.3M in funding shows slideshows may be sexy after all". Venture Beat. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Sećate se svog Fejsbuk videa? Sada sami kreirajte svoj slajdšou" (in Serbian). 24sata. 23 February 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Slidely Video". Retrieved 11 February 2014.