|Type of business||Publicly listed company|
Type of site
|Gambling, Social Gaming|
|No. of locations||UK, US|
|Industry||Gambling, Social Gaming|
|Services||Slots. Bingo, Casino|
|Parent||Gaming Realms PLC|
Slingo is an online single and multi-player game that combines elements of slots and bingo (the name is a portmanteau of the two games). The game was created by New Jersey real estate developer, Sal Falciglia in 1994, who also founded the company Slingo, Inc. to create and market games based on the Slingo theme. In July 2013, RealNetworks acquired Slingo for $15.6 million, and in July 2015 RealNetworks announced that it would sell Slingo to London-based gaming company Gaming Realms. Slingo has since become popular in the UK online gambling industry, with many sites now hosting the game, including its various iterations of which there are currently 12. These are known collectively and individually as ‘Slingo Originals’ and were developed by Gaming Realms’ development and publishing branch of the same name. Both the games and brand have enjoyed commercial success, and have been praised for their playability and originality.
A player has 20 turns to "spin" the numbers below his or her bingo card. Five numbers appear, and if they are found on the card, they can be marked off.
During the game, other special items may show up in the number spots below the card. Jokers are wild, and can be used to mark off any number in the column in which it appears. A joker in the center (N) column may sometimes become a Super Joker, which can be placed anywhere on the board. (When it appears, the Super Joker must be played first, before any other numbers.)
Devils also occasionally appear during the course of the game. If a devil appears in place of a number, the player's score is cut in half. Frequently though, a cherub appears and cancels the devil's effects by shooting it with an arrow.
Other special items include coins, which grant automatic points to the player, and Free Spins. The last four spins of the game (17, 18, 19, and 20) must be bought using points. A player may use accumulated free spins in place of the fee for any of the spins.
Time limits are imposed on spins as well. If a player does not begin his spin within a time limit, he loses that spin. If a player does not mark off all possible numbers or jokers within the time limit, those are considered lost.
At the end of the game, the winner is the player who has the most points.
Spinoffs and ports
Outside of internet gaming, there have been other Slingo products, including versions of the game for PC and cell phones, and as a handheld electronic game (which features no Super Jokers, multiple Joker bonuses or cherubs due to technical limitations).
A game show version of Slingo was filmed in The Philippines and Hosted by Joey de Leon on ABC5 in 2007.  In 2008, an unsold pilot was produced in the United States, hosted by Michael Burger.
Points are earned from Slingo CD-Rom to Slingo Deluxe:
- marking a number on the board (200 points)
- clearing a line of numbers either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, as in normal bingo fashion (1,000 points)
- getting a coin on a spin (1,000 points)
- spinning three, four, or five jokers in one spin (super joker counts) (3 = 1,000 points, 4 = 2,500 points, 5 = 10,000 points) This bonus didn't exist until the millennium version.
- clearing the entire card, which earns a bonus proportional to the number of spins used:
- Spins 5-12 - 11,000 Points (it is impossible to fill a Slingo card in less than 5 spins unless you have increasing spins freezing)
- Spin 13 - 10,000 Points
- Spin 14 - 9,000 Points
- Spin 15 - 8,500 Points
- Spin 16 - 8,000 Points
- Spin 17 - 7,500 Points
- Spin 18 - 7,000 Points
- Spin 19 - 6,500 Points
- Spin 20 - 6,000 Points
Points are deducted for:
- hitting a devil (cuts the score in half)
- paying for the last four spins
- spin 17 - 500 points
- spin 18 - 1,000 points
- spin 19 - 1,500 points
- spin 20 - 2,000 points 
Points are earned from Slingo Quest to Slingo Supreme 2:
- making a number on the board without speed bonus (200 points)
- making a number on the board with speed bonus (300, 400, 500, 700, etc.)
- clearing lines of numbers either horizontally, vertically, diagonally, or with bounce (1,000, 2,000, 4,000, 8,000, etc.)
- spinning three, four or five jokers in one spin (super joker counts) (3 = 3,000 points, 4 = 8,000 points, 5 = 15,000, points 6 = 24,000 points, 7 = 35,000 points)
- opens a treasure without devil (earns the score by double)
- clearing the entire card, which earns a bonus proportional to the number of spins used since Slingo Quest:
- Spin 5: 47,500 points (it is impossible to fill the Slingo card in less than 5 spins unless either Cell Jokers, Power Shot, Instant Slingos, Speed Slingo, Cell Marbles, and/or Exploding Slingos are active)
- Spin 6: 45,000 points
- Spin 7: 42,500 points
- Spin 8: 40,000 points
- Spin 9: 37,500 points
- Spin 10: 35,000 points
- Spin 11: 32,500 points
- Spin 12: 30,000 points
- Spin 13: 27,500 points
- Spin 14: 25,000 points
- Spin 15: 22,500 points
- Spin 16: 20,000 points
- Spin 17: 17,500 points
- Spin 18: 15,000 points
- Spin 19: 12,500 points
- Spin 20: 10,000 points
- Points are deducted from Slingo Quest-Slingo Quest: Hawaii:
- hitting a devil (cuts the score in 10% 20%, 30% 40%, or 50% unless you have Devil Protection)
- opens a treasure to appear devil (cuts the score in half)
- paying for the last four spins since Slingo Quest
- spin 17 - 10%
- spin 18 - 20%
- spin 19 - 30%
- spin 20 - 40%
- Points are earned since Slingo Supreme:
- winning a minigame (earns the score by double, half, or quarter)
- Points are deducted since Slingo Supreme:
- losing a minigame (cuts the score by 100%, half, or quarter unless you have Devil Protection and/or Lucky)
- Points are earned since Slingo Supreme 2:
- making a number on the board after starting a spin (200 points)
- making a number on the board with speed bonus (250, 300, 400, 500, 700, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3500, 5000)
- clearing lines of numbers either horizontally, vertically, diagonally, bouncing or wrapping (1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 5,000, etc.)
Millennium / Classic versions
For a while, the multiplayer version of Slingo was only available through AOL. A single-player version aimed at children on slingo.com was the closest members could get to the real thing. However, for the new millennium, Slingo launched a new version with newer graphics than the old game, and it had a resemblance to the graphics of the kid's version of the game. Also, the bonuses for three or more jokers were added into the game, and the Devil and Cherub cartoons were revamped. Another revision was done along with a name change in September 2009 to Slingo Classic. This included another graphics update.
Some of the CD-ROM versions of the game had different versions of Slingo with slightly different rules:
- Classic Slingo - The original version of the Slingo game.
- Mixed Matrix Slingo - This version has all the numbers in random locations, not just limited to the traditional column. Spin Numbers can be used no matter which column it is on the board, however Jokers still can only choose numbers of the column it is under. This is a more time-based game, since it will take longer to try and search which numbers where hit and where they are.
- Duel Slingo - Play against the computer in a 2-player game board. Both the player & computer take turns alternating to clear the same board and compete to see which will get the highest score.
- Giant Slingo - Same as the original, but a new 'Giant' item is added to the game. If a giant is earned during a 'Spin' and once you choose the numbers or Jokers you can, the Giant will Spin again (except the column he was under) for 4 new numbers on the same turn. This makes it easier to clear the board with basically 2 spins on the same turn.
- Super Squares Slingo - Same as the original, however during each Spin, up to 5 of the numbers on the board will randomly turn Red each turn, indicating a 'Super Square'. Each super square is worth 1800 point bonus if that number is marked & another point bonus is added to your score if you earn a slingo from that square. Also, as well a normal Jokers for normal squares (if used on a super square, it will only count as a normal number), Red highlighted 'Super Jokers' can be used to mark super squares for the full bonus (it can also be used on normal numbers if no super square is in that column).
There have been some stand alone computer versions of the Slingo game.
- Slingo CD-ROM (Atari) 1998 
- Slingo CD-ROM (Hasbro Interactive) 1998
- Slingo Deluxe (Funkitron) 2002 
- Slingo Quest (Funkitron) 2006 - Winner of the 2006 People's Choice Zeeby Award for Best Card, Board, or Mah Jong Game 
- Slingo Quest - Hawaii (Funkitron) 2008 
- Slingo Supreme (Funkitron) 2008
- Slingo Mystery (Funkitron) 2009 
- Slingo Quest - Egypt (Funkitron) 2010
- Slingo Quest - Amazon (Funkitron) 2011
- Slingo Supreme 2 (Funkitron) 2012
In December 2008, Slingo appeared on the Nintendo DS with a version of Slingo Quest. This version used the DS's touch screen to duplicate the clicking of a mouse to match numbers. The game was published by Mumbo Jumbo.
There have been two iterations of Slingo for play on mobile phones.
- Slingo-To-Go from SuperHappyFunFun/Kayak Interactive (now part of Oberon Media) 2005 - The game featured direct play between the users of the mobile game and players on Slingo.com.
- Slingo Quest Mobile (Slingo Bingo in EU) from SuperHappyFunFun/Iplay 2007 - This is the mobile version of the Zeeby Award Winning Slingo Quest 
Slingo has partnered with high-profile casino organizations such as AC Coin & Slot, IGT - International Game Technology, Spielo / Gtech, Planet Bingo, Sunkist Graphics, Gamelogic, and United States Playing Card Company to bring the Slingo game play to the casino floor.
Games currently on casino floors include:
- Slingo Bonus Reel Slots
- Slingo Video Slots
- Brasil Slingo Video Slots
- Triple Slingo Jackpot
- Bonus Bet 21
- Slingo Bonus Deluxe
- Slingo Bonus Deluxe Community
- Slingo Classic Bonus
The Slingo LCD handheld game was created in partnership with Tiger Electronics in 1998. It plays similarly to the Classic & Millenium versions of Slingo, but it lacks Cherubs, Super Jokers, and multiple Joker bonuses due to technical limitations.
- Ward, John, T. (March 7, 2004). JERSEYANA; A Mix of Dice, Poker And Lotto Dreams The New York Times.
- Bloomberg Company Overview - Slingo Inc. Bloomberg.
- "RealNetworks Acquires Slingo". RTTNews. July 31, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- (24 July, 2015). RealNetworks announces definitive agreement to sell its Slingo and Social Casino Games Business to Gaming Realms for $18 Million. Reuters.
- "IGT Launches New PowerVR Based Gaming Machines at Vegas Show". Official Website for Imagination Technologies. 2003-09-24.
- "Statewide Progressive Jackpot Hit on Slingo Bonus Classic". Marketwatch. 2008-12-15. Archived from the original on 2009-02-10.
- "Slingo MTV". YouTube. 2007-07-16. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Slingo Merch Plug: Joey Sabado is Slingo". YouTube. 2010-08-23. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- You need to click the spin button, then move the cursor away to the right before the devil comes to save the cherub.
- "Official Slingo Millennium Rules". Slingo.com. 2002-08-01. Archived from the original on 2007-01-03.
- Make 12 or more matches.
- "Slingo CD-ROM Review at Gamespot". Gamespot. 1998-12-15.
- "Slingo Deluxe Review at CNET". CNET. 2006-09-26.
- "Slingo wins award". Casino City Times. 2007-02-09.
- "Slingo Quest Hawaii Review at Gamezebo". Gamezebo. 2008-04-07.
- "Slingo Mystery Review at Gamezebo". Gamezebo. 2009-09-24.
- "Slingo Quest". IGN. 2008-12-09.
- "Slingo-2-Go Hands-On". Gamespot. 2005-06-17.
- "Slingo Bingo". Pocketgamer. 2007-09-18.
- "AC Coin & Slot's Two Highest-Earning Games Keep Casinos Winning Throughout North America". Slingo Inc. 2008-11-06. Archived from the original on 2008-12-20.
- "List of Casinos with Slingo Machines". Slingo Inc. 2008-12-18.
- "Statewide Progressive Jackpot Hit on Slingo Classic Bonus". Slingo Inc. 2017-06-11. Retrieved 2017-06-11.[dead link]
- "Player wins big at Saratoga with Slingo Classic Bonus". CasinoCityTimes.com. 2008-12-16.
- "Slingo Hand Held listing on Amazon". Amazon. 2008-12-21.