Slocum Westerns are the longest running series of Westerns ever written, encompassing over 400 books, all of which are published under the pen name Jake Logan. The books have been written by a number of authors, and all feature John Slocum as the protagonist.
John Slocum is a basically decent man who will do whatever it takes to survive what life in the Western Frontier throws at him. A Confederate soldier who lost his ancestral home to carpetbaggers after the Civil War and never went back, Slocum is as tough a gunfighter as they come. Slocum's adventures have taken him across most of the American West. He has been a soldier, slave, stage driver, shotgun guard, bank robber, lawman, pioneer, cowboy, sheepherder, poor man, rich man, gambler, and drifter.
- Robert E. Vardeman (Dead Man's Spurs)
- Martin Cruz Smith (Ride for Revenge)
- Ronald Kelly (Slocum and the Nightriders) and (Slocum and the Gold Slaves) 
- "Action Westerns". Penguin.com. Penguin Books. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- Lyon, Karen (July 2009). "The Literary Hill". Hill Rag. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Jake Logan". Penguin Books. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Slocum's woman by Jake Logan". Playboy Press Paperbacks. Worldcat. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Logan, Jake (October 1, 1999). Dead Man's Spurs. Robert Vardeman. Slocum series number 247. Jove. ISBN 978-0-515-12613-6. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- Logan, Jake (July 1980). Ride for Revenge. Slocum series number 11. Berkley Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-86721-159-7.
- Slocum and the Nightriders 1994, Berkley - Slocum series number 174
- Slocum and the Gold Slaves(1994, Berkley) – Slocum series number 187
- Books by Jake Logan fictiondb