|Also known as||The Lord Weird Slough Feg|
|Origin||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Genres||Heavy metal, folk metal|
|Labels||Dragonheart, Cruz del Sur, Profound Lore, Metal Blade Records|
|Associated acts||Hammers of Misfortune|
|Past members||John Torres
Slough Feg (also known as The Lord Weird Slough Feg) is a heavy metal band that formed in Pennsylvania in the early 1990s and is currently based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Taking their name from the Celtic folklore-influenced comic book Sláine, the band released their self-titled debut album in 1996. The band combines influences from traditional heavy metal bands such as Iron Maiden, Brocas Helm and Thin Lizzy, and English folk metal band Skyclad.
Slough Feg's 2003 album Traveller was a concept album based on GDW's role playing game of the same name. With the release of Atavism in 2005, the band officially shortened its name to Slough Feg. Guitarist Mike Scalzi maintains that the band always referred to itself this way internally, and the addition of "The Lord Weird" made it too difficult to find Slough Feg albums in stores (which alphabetized the CDs in inconsistent ways). Slough Feg is currently signed to Metal Blade Records and most recently released Digital Resistance on February 18th, 2014.
Slough Feg originated in central Pennsylvania, and relocated to San Francisco, California in 1990. The band produced three demo tapes in the early 1990s before releasing their self-titled debut album. Bassist Justin Phelps left the band shortly after. In 1998, the European music label Dragonheart signed Slough Feg and the band released their second album Twilight of the Idols in 1999. The band released Down Among the Deadmen in 2000, and Traveller in 2003.
In 2005 the band moved to the Italian record label Cruz del Sur and released their fifth studio album, Atavism. The band also officially shortened their name to, "Slough Feg" after the album's release. After the change of name, John Cobbett left in good terms with the band, and was replaced by current member Angelo Tringali in January 2005. Around the same time, drummer Greg Haa left the band for personal reasons, and was replaced by current member, Antoine Reuben-Diavola. In 2007 the band released their sixth album (their second with Cruz del Sur), Hardworlder, recorded and produced with former bass player Justin Phelps. In 2008 the band released The Slay Stack Grows on Shadow Kingdom Records. This was a double-CD release of old demos and live recordings from the band's early days.
The band toured in Europe, and the United States, doing coast-to-coast tours summers of 2005 and 2006, including an appearance at the first annual Alehorn of Power festival in Chicago, Illinois. In January 2013, Slough Feg signed to Metal Blade Records.
Having previously released the single "Laser Enforcer", Slough Feg released their new album, Digital Resistance on February 18th, 2014. Slough Feg released the title track to their new album on January 8th, 2014.
- The Lord Weird Slough Feg (1996)
- Twilight of the Idols (1999)
- Down Among the Deadmen (2000)
- Traveller (2003)
- Atavism (2005)
- Hardworlder (2007)
- The Slay Stack Grows (2008) (compilation)
- Ape Uprising! (2009)
- The Animal Spirits (2010)
- Made in Poland (2011) (live album)
- Digital Resistance (2014)
- Michael Scalzi – guitars/vocals (1990–present)
- Angelo Tringali – guitars (2005–present)
- Adrian Maestas – bass (2001–present)
- Addison Filipczyk – drums (2015–present)
- Omar Herd – vocals
- Chris Haa – guitars
- Andrew Sebba – guitars
- John Cobbett (Hammers of Misfortune, Ludicra, Gwar) – guitars
- Justin Phelps – bass
- Scott Beach – bass
- Jon Torres (Ulysses Siren, Angel Witch, Warning S.F., I4NI, Lääz Rockit, Heathen) – bass
- Jim Mack (Black Goat (US), Weakling) – bass
- Dave Passmore – drums
- Stu Kane – drums
- Greg Haa (Isen Torr) – drums
- Antoine Reuben-Diavola (Hadan, Black Goat (US), Weakling) – drums
- Harry Cantwell (Bosse-de-Nage) – drums
- Band interview with Enslaved by Metal
- MSJ-Interview with Mike Scalzi of Slough Feg
- * 'The Lord Weird' Slough Feg | Official Site *
- Maximum Metal
- /cruz del sur music\
- The Gauntlet :: Slough Feg - Heavy Metal - News - Slough Feg Videos - Slough Feg Ringtones - mp3s - Tabs - Wallpaper - lyrics
- Metal News - Cruz Del Sur Plans Alehorn of Power Festival II ( Metal Underground . com )