From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Slovak diaspora refers to both historical and present emigration from Slovakia, as well as from the former Czechoslovakia. The country with the largest number of Slovaks living abroad is the United States.
Famous people of Slovak descent
Main category: People of Slovak descent
- Enki Bilal, a French comic book creator, comics artist and film director.
- David Boreanaz, an American actor, television producer, and director.
- Eugene Cernan, a retired United States Navy officer and a former NASA astronaut.
- Renée Geyer, an Australian singer who has long been regarded as one of the finest exponents of jazz, soul and R&B idioms.
- Lukas Hradecky, a Slovak-born Finnish football goalkeeper.
- Tim Hudak, a politician in Ontario, Canada, and the Leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario (PC Party).
- Angelina Jolie, an American actress and film director.
- Jon Bon Jovi, an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer and actor.
- Jim Caviezel, an American actor.
- Mike Cervenak, an American baseball player.
- Ricardo de Jaxa Malachowski, a Peruvian architect of Polish and Slovak origin.
- Stan Mikita, a Slovak-born Canadian retired professional ice hockey player.
- Paul Newman, an American actor, film director, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and professional racing driver.
- Andrew Poje, a Canadian ice dancer.
- François Sagat, a French male pornographic actor, model and director.
- Joe Sestak, a former U.S. Navy three-star Admiral and former American politician.
- Jesse Ventura, an American politician, actor, author, veteran, and former professional wrestler.
- Andy Warhol, an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art.
- Czechs and Slovaks in Bulgaria
- Slovaks in Croatia
- Slovaks in the Czech Republic
- Slovaks in Hungary
- Slovaks of Romania
- Slovaks in Vojvodina
|This Slovakia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|