Slovene Wikipedia Main Page, 1 October 2012
Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
The Slovene Wikipedia (Slovene: Slovenska Wikipedija) is the Slovene-language edition of the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia. It has been active since 26 February 2002. In July 2007, it has reached 50,000 articles. As of April 2017, it has about 155,000 articles.
Wikipedia is a widely used reference work and one of the most visited social networking services by users from Slovenia, but official internet usage statistics don't distinguish between Wikipedia editions, analyzing only the base domain wikipedia.org. In most cases, the Slovene-language edition gets a passing note of its existence in media reports about Wikipedia in general. However, as a relatively large and freely accessible body of structured knowledge, Slovene Wikipedia has been used, as an example, for building text corpora for the purpose of training linguistic software and analyzing Slovene literary authors' web presence. There are several successful collaboration projects with professors at the University of Ljubljana, using content creation by students as a teaching method.
- 100 articles - June 18, 2002
- 1,000 articles - September 30, 2003
- 10,000 articles - February 7, 2005
- 20,000 articles - December 17, 2005
- 30,000 articles - June 30, 2006
- 40,000 articles - February 15, 2007
- 50,000 articles - July 17, 2007
- 100,000 articles - August 15, 2010
- "RIS: Najbolj obiskana spletna skupnost v Sloveniji je Youtube, sledita ji Facebook in Wikipedia". Dnevnik (in Slovenian). 2010-09-16. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Budal, Martina (2006-04-11). "Uporaba brezplačna in vsestranska, sodelovanje neomejeno" (PDF). Večer (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Na Wikipedii več kot trije milijoni člankov" (in Slovenian). MMC RTV-SLO. 2009-08-24. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Fišer, Darja; Pollak Senja; Vintar, Špela (2010). "Learning to Mine Definitions from Slovene Structured and Unstructured Knowledge-Rich Resources" (PDF). Proceedings. Seventh international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), 2010. European Language Resources Association.
- Hladnik, Miran (2006). "Contemporary Slovene Literature and Electronic Sources". Almanac. World Festival of Slovene Literature, 20–25 November 2006. pp. 20–23.
- Hladnik, Miran (2007-07-22). "Wikipedija v izobraževalnem procesu" (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Jani Melik in Jernej Polajnar - administratorja slovenske Wikipedije". Nočni obisk (in Slovenian). 2010-11-19. RTV Slovenija. Radio Slovenija, 1. program. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Upelj, Boris (2010-11-27). "Najbolj obsežen seznam vprašanj in odgovorov na svetu prosi za pomoč". Dnevnik (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2011-06-02.
|Slovenian edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Slovenian Wikipedia.|
- Slovene Wikipedia
- Vse najboljše, Wikipedija! (Slovene). [Happy Birthday, Wikipedia!]. Radio interview on Val 202 on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Slovene Wikipedia. RTV Slovenija. Accessed on 25 February 2012.
|This Wikimedia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|