Pirate Party (Slovenia)
Freedom of information
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
0 / 90
0 / 7
The party was founded on the same common grounds and principles as other Pirate parties throughout the world, most notably the Swedish Pirate Party. It became a member of the Pirate Parties International on 12 March 2011 at the Pirate Parties International conference in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
The party's programme currently consists of seven topics:
- Respect of human rights.
- Privacy and data protection.
- Free and neutral Internet.
- Government and political transparency.
- Copying monopoly ("copyright") reform.
- Open standards and file formats.
- Free software.
The Slovenian Pirate Party and its original founder Robert Pal first appeared in the Slovenian media in 2009. Until 2012 the party stayed in relative obscurity with only a small circle of active members, mainly discussing current events on the copyright front.
On 12 March 2011, with a unanimous vote, the party entered Pirate Parties International.
- "Slovenia also gets a Pirate Party". MMC RTV Slovenije. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- Predčasne Volitve V Državni Zbor 2014 Republika Slovenija - Državna volilna komisija. Accessed 13 July 2014