From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|District||Vranov nad Topľou District|
|Elevation||140 m (459 ft)|
|Area||6.73 km2 (3 sq mi)|
|Population||783 (31 December 2012)|
|Density||116/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postal code||094 02|
|Wikimedia Commons: Slovenská Kajňa|
In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1323.
- Marcel Matanin is a former long-distance runner, who represented his native country in the men's marathon at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. There he finished in 81st and last place, clocking a total time of 2:50:26 hours. On April 23, 2006 Matanin won the Leipzig Marathon in 2:19:33 hours. Matanin was a former mayor of Slovenská Kajňa (from 1.1.2007 to 31.12.2010). Currently he is a sporting director of the ČSOB Bratislava Marathon.
- Tomáš Oslovič is a Slovak football defender who currently plays for Landesliga Bayern-Mitte club 1. FC Bad Kötzting in Germany. His former clubs were MFK Vranov nad Topľou, Czech 1. FC Karlovy Vary and German clubs SV Schwarzhofen e.V, SV Mitterteich.
- Slovenská Kajňa Demografia (31.12.2012) 31.12.2012, statistics.sk/
- Obec Slovenská Kajňa - Voľby a politika v obci 27.09.2013, naseobce.sk
- ČSOB Bratislava Marathon má nového športového riaditeľa 31.01.2012, http://m.webnoviny.sk/
- Tomas Oslovic 28.09.2013, fupa.net/
|This Prešov Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|