|Single by Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx|
|from the album Kamikaze and The College Dropout|
|Released||December 2, 2003|
|Format||12-inch maxi single|
|Twista singles chronology|
|Kanye West singles chronology|
|Jamie Foxx singles chronology|
"Slow Jamz" is a single by American rapper Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx. It was released in late 2003 as the lead single from his album Kamikaze and the second single from Kanye West's debut album The College Dropout. The Kanye West version includes an intro and two extra verses by Jamie Foxx, and excludes the original outro by Twista. Tracie Spencer provides background vocals on both versions, and plays the female answer in Foxx's last verse on the Kanye West version. "Slow Jamz" peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and received a nomination for Best Rap/Sung Performance at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards.
The song is a tribute to classic smooth soul artists and slow jam songs. Kanye West is the song's producer and supplies the first verse, Twista gives the second verse and the outro, and actor/singer Jamie Foxx sings the chorus. The song's high-pitched vocal hook – "Are you gonna be, are you gonna be, are you gonna be, well well well well" as well as "Are you gonna be, say that you gonna be" – is sung by Luther Vandross, taken from his version of "A House Is Not a Home."
- Tyler: Now Kanye, I know I told you to slow it down, it's good, it's all good, it's beautiful. But now I need you to do it faster baby, can you please, do it faster baby, do it faster!
- West: Damn, baby; I can't do it that fast...but I know somebody who can. Twista!
The video shows a party; at first we see Jamie Foxx buying records for the party then it goes to the party where Kanye West and Twista are. It includes cameo appearances by Consequence, Aisha Tyler, John Legend, Mike Epps, and Common.
The song peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for a week on February 10, 2004 becoming Twista's, West's and Foxx's first number one single. The song was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. Q magazine listed it as the nineteenth greatest hip-hop song of all time.
This section may be confusing or unclear to readers. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Marvin Gaye
- Luther Vandross
- The Temptations
- Anita Baker
- Ready for the World
- New Edition
- Minnie Riperton
- Biggie Smalls
- Michael Jackson
- Gladys Knight & the Pips
- Smokey Robinson
- Freddie Jackson
- Ashford & Simpson
- Al Green
- The Isley Brothers
- Evelyn "Champagne" King
- The Whispers
- The Spinners
- Earth Wind & Fire
- Keith Sweat
- Teddy Pendergrass
- Sly and the Family Stone
- "Slow Jamz" (Explicit) (4:06)
- "Slow Jamz" (Edited) (3:34)
- "Slow Jamz" (Instrumental) (3:33)
- "Badunkadunk" (Explicit) (4:16)
- "Badunkadunk" (Edited) (4:16)
- "Badunkadunk" (Instrumental) (4:15)
- "Slow Jamz" (DJ Drama Remix) [Featuring T.I., Kanye West, & Jamie Foxx]
- "Slow Jamz" (ColliPark Remix) (Featuring Mr. Collipark & Jamie Foxx) (Official Remix)
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||4|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||58|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||14|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||9|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||3|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||2|
|US Billboard Hot 100||1|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||1|
- "Twista Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "Kanye West Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "Jamie Foxx Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "Grammys - Artist - Kanye West". Grammy. Archived from the original on December 8, 2018. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- * * * Q Mag: 150 Rock Lists * * *
- "Australian-charts.com – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX – SLOW JAMZ". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ultratop.be – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX – SLOW JAMZ" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Musicline.de – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Chart Track: Week 14, 2004". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.nz – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX – SLOW JAMZ". Top 40 Singles.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Twista Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Twista Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.