From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up slug or slugs in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A slug is a gastropod mollusk without a shell or with a very small internal shell.
Slug or slugs may also refer to:
- Slug (projectile), a solid ballistic projectile
- Slug (coin), a counterfeit coin
- Slug or blank, a piece of bar stock ready to be machined into a finished part
- Slug (railroad), an accessory to a diesel-electric locomotive
Science and technology
- Slug (mass), a unit of mass in the Imperial system
- Grex (biology), an aggregation of amoebae
- Slug, a nickname for the Linksys NSLU2
- Slugs (autopilot system), an open-source autopilot system oriented toward inexpensive autonomous aircraft
- Slug (publishing), a short name given in newspaper editing to articles that are in production
- Slug (typesetting), a piece of spacing material used in typesetting to space paragraphs
- Slug (web publishing) a user- and SEO-friendly short text used in a URL to identify and describe
- SLUG Magazine, Salt Lake Under Ground magazinea resource
Entertainment and sports
- Slug (song), by The Ramones. Appears as bonus song on 1190 compilation album All the Stuff (And More) Volume Two.
- Slug (rapper), an underground rapper best known as a member of the hip-hop group Atmosphere
- Slug (band), a noise rock band from Los Angeles, California
- SLUG, a British art-rock band associated with the Brewis brothers
- the backing group of Doug and the Slugs, a Canadian pop music group
- "Slug" (song), a 1995 song by Passengers (U2 and Brian Eno)
- Slug (comics), a villain in the Marvel Comics universe
- Lord Slug, the main antagonist of the fourth Dragon Ball Z movie
- Slug (Transformers), an alternative name for the character Slag in the Transformers franchise
- Slugs (novel), novel by Shaun Hutson
- Slugs (1988 film), based on the novel
- Slugs (2004 film), German film
- "The Slug", a pop culture blog for the defunct web portal asap
- Slug, another name for Chinese handball
- Slug Signorino, illustrator and designer Michele Signorino, most notable for his cartoons in The Straight Dope
- Casimir Witucki (1928-2015), American National Football League player nicknamed "Slug"
- A957 road, a Scottish roadway commonly called the "Slug Road"
- Slugging, "ride-share" + hitchhiking
- Slugger (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Slug.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.