Slugs (1988 film)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Slugs, Muerte Viscosa|
|Directed by||Juan Piquer Simón|
|Screenplay by||Ron Gantman|
Juan Piquer Simón
|Based on||Slugs by|
|Produced by||José Antonio Escrivá, Francesca DeLaurentiis, Juan Piquer Simón|
|Edited by||Richard Rabjohn|
|Distributed by||New World Pictures|
|February 5, 1988 (United States)|
When a rural town becomes prey to a strain of black slugs spawned from the disposal of toxic waste, it is up to the local health inspector to stop them. People die mysteriously and gruesomely, and only health worker Mike Brady has a possible solution, but his theory of killer slugs is ridiculed by the authorities. Only when the body count begins to rise and a slug expert begins investigating the town does it begin to appear as though Brady's theory may be right.
- Michael Garfield - Mike Brady
- Kim Terry - Kim Brady
- Philip MacHale - Don Palmer
- Alicia Moro - Maureen Watson
- Santiago Álvarez - Foley
- Concha Cuetos - Maria
- Frank Braña - Frank Phillips
- Patty Shepard - Sue Channing
- Kari Rose - Donna Moss
- Kris Mann - Bobby Talbot
The film opened in the United States on February 5, 1988.
Anchor Bay Entertainment released a DVD of the film in 2000. In 2011, Image Entertainment released a DVD of the film under the Midnight Madness Series. In 2016, British home video distributor, Arrow Films, released a special edition Blu-ray of the film, which contained a commentary track and interviews with several people associated with the film.
- "Slugs (1987)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 10 December 2021.
- Besas, Peter (April 5, 1988). "Film Reviews: Slugs". Daily Variety. p. 13.
- Greenberg, James (February 10, 1988). "Fresh Pics Stir Up National Boxoffice, But 'Nam' Still Tops". Variety. p. 3.
- Besas, Peter (April 5, 1989). "'Women On Verge,' 'Rowing With Wind' Lead Spain's Goyas". Variety. p. 10.