Small Device C Compiler
|Developer(s)||Sandeep Dutta and others|
|Stable release||3.5.0 / June 24, 2015|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux|
The Small Device C Compiler (SDCC) is a free-software, partially retargetable C compiler for microcontrollers. It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. The package also contains a linker, assembler, simulator and debugger. As of March 2007, SDCC is the only open-source C compiler for Intel 8051-compatible microcontrollers. In 2011 the compiler was downloaded on average more than 200 times per day.
Supported target architectures
- Intel 8051 and its derivatives.
- Zilog Z80 and binary compatible derivatives such as the eZ80.
- Zilog Z180.
- Rabbit 2000 and the binary compatible derivative Rabbit 3000.
- Rabbit 3000A and binary compatible derivatives such as the Rabbit 4000.
- Sharp LR35902 (the CPU used in the Game Boy).
- Freescale (Motorola) HC08.
- Freescale S08.
- STMicroelectronics STM8.
- Toshiba TLCS-90.
Work is in progress on:
- Rainer Leupers, Peter Marwedel: "Retargetable Compiler Technology for Embedded Systems: Tools and Applications", page 126. Springer, 2001
- According to a Google search for: 8051 open source C compiler
- Lewin Edwards "Open-Source Robotics and Process Control Cookbook: Designing and Building Robust, Dependable Real-time Systems". 2011. p. 15.
- De-Shuang Huang, Phalguni Gupta, Xiang Zhang, Prashan Premaratne. "Emerging Intelligent Computing Technology and Applications". 2012. p. 383.
- SourceForge. "Usage Statistics For Small Device C Compiler". Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- "SDCC - Small Device C Compiler". Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- SDCC homepage
- Sandeep Dutta - Anatomy of a Compiler. A Retargetable ANSI-C Compiler. "Circuit Cellar", issue 121, August 2000, page 35
- SDCC Open Knowledge Resource
- FOSDEM 2015 presentation on SDCC
- A port of FreeRTOS to 8051
- Using SDCC on the AT89C52 (8051 derivative)
- Using SDCC for PIC on Windows with MPLABX
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|