Small Planet Airlines (Germany)
|Commenced operations||May 2016|
|Ceased operations||Filed for bankruptcy on 18/09/2018|
|Parent company||Small Planet Airlines|
The airline was founded in 2015 and operated its first charter services out of Düsseldorf Airport using its parent's licence by October 2015. Along with its owner, Small Planet Airlines from Lithuania, which owns 80% of the German airline, and sister airline Small Planet Airlines (Poland), it belongs to the Small Planet Group. The headquarters in Berlin is expected to have up to 15 employees while each aircraft will be operated by 5 crews of 6; together that gives an expected overall employee count of around 75.
In January 2018, Small Planet Airlines Germany welcomed its one-millionth passenger.
As of May 2018, Small Planet Airlines GmbH operates the following aircraft:
|Aircraft||In Service||On order||Passengers||Notes|
- airliners.de - "Small Planet Airlines takes of with German license" 13 May 2016
- "SMALL PLANET AIRLINE Berlin bekommt eine neue Fluggesellschaft". www.berliner-zeitung.de. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Small Planet Airlines Germany celebrates its one-millionth passenger". www.smallplanet.aero.
- "Small Planet Airlines GmbH stellt Insolvenzantrag zur Restrukturierung – Weiterführung des Flugbetriebes in Deutschland, Österreich, der Schweiz und den Niederlanden". www.smallplanet.aero.
- "Deutsche Small Planet rutscht in die Insolvenz". www.airliners.de.
- "Small Planet Airlines Germany adds dry-leased A321s".
Media related to Small Planet Airlines Germany at Wikimedia Commons
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a European airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|