Small stellated 120-cell
|Small stellated 120-cell|
|Symmetry group||H4, [3,3,5]|
It has the same edge arrangement as the great grand 120-cell, and also shares its 120 vertices with the 600-cell and eight other regular star 4-polytope. It may also be seen as the first stellation of the 120-cell. In this sense it could be seen as analogous to the three-dimensional small stellated dodecahedron, which is the first stellation of the dodecahedron. Indeed, the small stellated 120-cell is dual to the icosahedral 120-cell, which could be taken as a 4D analogue of the great dodecahedron, dual of the small stellated dodecahedron. With its dual, it forms the compound of icosahedral 120-cell and small stellated 120-cell.
The edges of the small stellated 120-cell are τ2 as long as those of the 120-cell core inside the 4-polytope.
|H3||A2 / B3 / D4||A3 / B2|
- List of regular polytopes
- Convex regular 4-polytope - Set of convex regular 4-polytope
- Kepler-Poinsot solids - regular star polyhedron
- Star polygon - regular star polygons
- Edmund Hess, (1883) Einleitung in die Lehre von der Kugelteilung mit besonderer Berücksichtigung ihrer Anwendung auf die Theorie der Gleichflächigen und der gleicheckigen Polyeder .
- H. S. M. Coxeter, Regular Polytopes, 3rd. ed., Dover Publications, 1973. ISBN 0-486-61480-8.
- John H. Conway, Heidi Burgiel, Chaim Goodman-Strass, The Symmetries of Things 2008, ISBN 978-1-56881-220-5 (Chapter 26, Regular Star-polytopes, pp. 404–408)
- Klitzing, Richard. "4D uniform polytopes (polychora) o3o5o5/2x - sishi".
- Regular polychora
- Discussion on names
- Reguläre Polytope
- The Regular Star Polychora
- Zome Model of the Final Stellation of the 120-cell
- The First Stellation of the 120-cell, A Zome Model
|This 4-polytope article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|