||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In the Australian government, a SmartForm is an electronic form with capabilities beyond a traditional paper form, such as electronic completion, dynamic sections, database calls and electronic submission. The Australian government established a specialist unit called the SmartForms Developer Center to encourage and assist Government Agencies to transform their current paper forms to SmartForms. The aim of this is to improve both their own internal processing as well the service they are providing to their constituents.
In 2008, the use of SmartForms was named a best practice initiative by the Australian Government Information Management Office in the Review of the Australian Government's Use of ICT.
- Lower cost of processing submitted forms
- Fewer data entry errors
- Lower postage and mail handling costs
- Enables the use of digital signatures for non-repudiation
- SmartForms can be saved offline
- Files can be attached to the form
- Submitted forms can be easily integrated with back office systems using XML data
Use in Government
The Federal Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science coordinates SmartForms initiatives across Australian government agencies. Departments currently using SmartForms include NSW Local Government Agencies, Victorian State Government, NT State Government and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
The Australian Department of Finance and Deregulation is promoting a Whole of Government SmartForms solution under a $42M Australian Government Online Service Point program. This SmartForm solution is based on Avoka Transact.
There are a number technologies that can deliver SmartForm benefits with varying levels of capability. These include:
FormHero is a paperwork automation platform used to turn internal paper-based processes into online smart forms that automatically find and fill out existing paperwork.
Intelledox Infiniti is a business process digitalisation platform that combines the power of intelligent document generation, adaptive interviews (SmartForms), and line-of-business integration. Infiniti leverages existing investments in document management and information assets to deliver Adaptive Engagement and On Demand Communication solutions that help organisations digitally transform manual business processes into intuitive, guided, user experiences based on the customer’s personal preferences, device, and location.
- XFA Forms
- InfoPath Forms
- FormPublisher Forms
- FormPublisher refers to Jway XML form technology. FormPublisher Forms is a Smart Form that dynamically adapts to user responses and the process context.
- SmartForm Development Center
- Australian Government: Features and benefits of SmartForms
- Review of the Australian Government’s Use of Information and Communication Technology
- SmartForm Development Center
- SmartForm Center System Overview
- Red Tape Blue Prints
- Red Tape Blueprints Case Study
- NT Gov SmartForms
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- AGOSP Program
- Protalinski, Emil (January 31, 2013). "Microsoft discontinues electronic forms software InfoPath, will support latest version until April 2023". The Next Web. Retrieved February 1, 2014.
13. Avoka Transact www.avoka.com