|Formerly||Mobile 8 Telecom (2002–2011)|
|Founded||December 2, 2002|
|Revenue||Rp 6.987 trillion (2019)|
|Rp -2.187 trillion (2019)|
|Total assets||Rp 27.65 trillion (2019)|
|Total equity||Rp 12.735 trillion (2019)|
|Parent||Sinar Mas Group|
Distribusi Sentra Jaya
PT Smartfren Telecom Tbk, commonly known as Smartfren (styled smartfren.), formerly known as PT Mobile 8 Telecom Tbk, is an Indonesia-based wireless network operator headquartered in Central Jakarta. It is owned by Indonesian conglomerate Sinar Mas under the company PT Sinar Mas Komunikasi Teknologi. Smartfren operates exclusively using a 4G LTE network after shifting away from CDMA technologies in 2014. As of 2018, Smartfren has 10.1 million active subscribers, making them the fifth-largest wireless carrier in the country.
Smartfren provides wireless voice (via VoLTE) and data services in Indonesia, which it claims is available in over 200 cities. In 2015, the company launched their LTE-Advanced network, becoming the first in the country to do so.
Smartfren has partnered with some China-based smartphone manufacturers such as Hisense, Haier and ZTE to produce smart devices under the Smartfren Andromax brand. These phones operate on either CDMA 2000 1x or LTE on the newer models. They use the following naming scheme:
- C and G models denote lower-end smartphone models
- I and T models denote lower to midrange models
- U, V and Z models denote mid to high-end smartphones.
More recently they have also launched the E, Q and R models which has LTE capability; and the E2 and R2 models which supports VoLTE.
As Smart Telecom
- Smart, Hebat, Hemat (2006-2011)
As Mobile-8 Telecom
- Kartu Selularku (2003-2006)
- Seluler Pilihan Cerdas (2006-2008)
- Murah, Tidak Repot. (2008-2009)
- hemat, Tidak Repot. (2009-2011)
- Untung Pakai Esia
- Pasti Lebih Untung (2008-2010)
- Live Smart (2011-2018)
- 4G Go For It (2015-2018, After Smartfren Launch Andromax 4G LTE)
- Hebat, Hemat, Cepat (2018-present)
- Juaranya Internet Unlimited (2018-present)
- Puspitasari, Ika (2018-07-03). "Jumlah pelanggan 4G Smartfren meningkat". kontan.co.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Febrian, Ahmad (2018-04-24). "Jumlah pelanggan seluler menyusut". kontan.co.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- "Smartfren Luncurkan 4G LTE Advanced Pertama di Indonesia". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-07-25.