Smartisan OS was unveiled on March 27, 2013 at the China National Convention Center. It will compete with MIUI from Xiaomi and Flyme OS from Meizu in the Chinese cellphone market. However, the current version is still in development and has several bugs. The first public beta is available from June 15, 2013. It will initially be compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III plus a few other devices, followed by Smartisan's own hardware the following year, after which no third-party devices will be supported.
In May 2014 Smartisan Co. introduced their first smartphone, the Smartisan T1. A year later on August 26, 2015,the Smartisan U1 was announced, with Smartisan OS 2.0 taking on the likes of OnePlus 2 and Meizu M2 Note.
- "Smartisan OS unveiled in China, takes a fresh approach to Android UI design". Engadget. AOL.
- Techweb. "罗永浩锤子科技Smartisan OS 将于3月27日发布".
- "Meet the Smartisan T1, a surprisingly unique Android phone from China".
- "Smartisan U1 with Smartisan OS 2.0 Announced at RMB 140". TechnosAmigos. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Smartisan OS 2.0 Announced with Host of New Features". Retrieved 26 August 2015.
|This Android-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|