|Launched||15 May 2001|
|Owned by||The Box Plus Network
(Bauer Media Group/Channel Four Television Corporation)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.03% (September 2015BARB),|
|Formerly called||Smash Hits (2001–2016)|
|Sky (UK)||Channel 361|
|Astra 2E||12304 H 27500 5/6|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 336|
|Virgin Media (Ireland)||Channel 712|
|Box Plus||Watch live (UK and Ireland only)|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
|Horizon Go||Watch live (Ireland only)|
Box Hits (formerly Smash Hits) is a British commercial television channel owned by The Box Plus Network. The channel broadcasts general pop music in shows such as Chartbusters, which is recent music and Pop Domination, which is new and old music. It also shows other programmes such as themed countdowns and charts such as Top 50 Boy Bands. The channel also has hours dedicated to a particular artist or band such as Pussycat Dolls: Ultimate 10. It was originally based on the former Smash Hits magazine, which was owned by EMAP.
The channel is available on a number of platforms including Sky and Virgin Media. It is part of a network of channels owned by The Box Plus Network, which include 4Music, The Box, Box Upfront, Kerrang!, Kiss and Magic. On 2 April 2013, all Box Television channels went free-to-air on satellite, apart from 4Music which went free-to-view. As a result, the channels were removed from the Sky EPG in Ireland. However, Smash Hits launched on Freesat on 15 April 2013, alongside three other Box Television channels.
On 25 May 2016, the channel was rebranded as Box Hits.
Smash Hits TV was also the name given to a spin-off TV show broadcast on Sky One in 2001.
- 21st Century Hitlist - The biggest hits of the 21st Century.
- Rewind The Hits - A collection of hits from the last few years.
- UK Hotlist Top 20 - The 20 most streamed tracks on Spotify in the last week.
- Official UK Airplay: Top 20 - The 20 most played songs on UK commercial radio
- Hot 10 in 10 - The 10 biggest tracks edited into a 10-minute remix.
- The Hotmix - The tracks of the last few years. Songs are usually cut down and are edited to flow smoothly into the next track.
- #Hangout's - Interviews with the biggest artists, while also playing their biggest releases and newest singles.
- Face Off! - Two artists put up against each other in a music video battle.
- ... Hot New Vid! - The latest music video from the biggest artists.
- The Changing Faces of... - The evolution of an artist, showing their biggest hits throughout the years.
- All Night Hit Party - All of the hits throughout the night
- Big Hits At Breakfast - A playlist of the hits while you wake up.
- OMG! It's 10 Years Since... - The biggest hits from 10 years ago.
- Throwback Top 10! - The Top 10 tracks from a certain year.
Box Fresh launched at the beginning of 2017 as a replacement for the Box Upfront series of shows (excluding The Official Box Upfront Chart). Vick Hope presents all Box Fresh branded programming on TV. Box Fresh programmes include:
- 2017 Spotlight - Shown throughout February, 2017 Spotlight showcases four new artists predicted by Box Fresh to be big in the year ahead, the 2017 Spotlight artists were Declan McKenna, Jerry Williams, Fatherson and Tom Grennan
- Fresh Focus - Fresh Focus showcases new and upcoming artists as the 'Box Fresh Artist of the Month' (similar to the Box Upfront Artist of the Month)
- Fresh Forward - Similar to The Upfront Show, Fresh Forward is a half-hour show featuring Box Fresh Artist performances, style and fashion tips and the latest trends such as food and drink.
- "Bauer's Box channels appear free-to-air on satellite". a516digital. 2 April 2013.
- "Freesat turn up the volume with 4 new music channels". Join Freesat. 15 April 2013.
- "The Box Plus Network announces the biggest refresh in its 24-year history". The Box Plus Network. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2016.