Smith & Mighty
|Smith & Mighty|
|Labels||Studio !K7, Three Stripe, Beatmaster Records|
|Associated acts||More Rockers|
Peter D Rose
Smith & Mighty are a trip hop group from Bristol, consisting of Rob Smith and Ray Mighty. Their first releases, in the late 1980s, were breakbeat covers of "Anyone Who Had a Heart" and "Walk On By". Both songs entered the UK Singles Chart. Their work was associated with the Bristol sound, a precursor to Trip Hop.
- Bass Is Maternal (More Rockers, 1995)
- Big World Small World (Studio !K7, 2000)
- Life Is... (Studio !K7, 2002)
- Retrospective (Studio !K7, 2004)
- The Three Stripe Collection 1985-1990 (Bristol Archive Records, 2012)
DJ mix albums
- DJ-Kicks: Smith & Mighty (Studio !K7, 1998)
- Stepper's Delight (Three Stripe/London/PolyGram, 1992)
- Remember Me (Three Stripe/London/PolyGram, 1994)
- "Walk On..." (Three Stripe, 1988)
- "Anyone..." (Three Stripe, 1988)
- "Same" (More Rockers, 1996)
- "No Justice" (Studio !K7, 1999)
- "Seeds" (Studio !K7, 1999)
- "Life Has a Way" / "B-Line Fi Blow" (Studio !K7, 2002)
- "Maybe It's Me" (Studio !K7, 2002)
- Carlton - The Call Is Strong (1990)
- Bush, John. "Smith & Mighty". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- "Smith & Mighty". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- Webb, Peter (October 2007). "Once Upon A Time In Bristol: Bristol Blues and Roots". The Wire. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- "Dug Out // Sound & Vision // Rob Smith and Smith & Mighty". electricpavilion.org. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- Smith & Mighty at AllMusic
- Smith & Mighty discography at Discogs
- Smith & Mighty discography at MusicBrainz
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|