Smith & Mighty
|Smith & Mighty|
|Associated acts||More Rockers|
Peter D Rose
Smith & Mighty are a trip hop group from Bristol, consisting of Rob Smith and Ray Mighty. Their first releases, in the late 1980s, were breakbeat covers of "Anyone Who Had a Heart" and "Walk On By". They went on to produce "Wishing on a Star" for Fresh Four and Massive Attack's first single, "Any Love".
- Anyone... (Three Stripe, 1988)
- Stepper's Delight EP (Three Stripe/London/PolyGram, 1992)
- Remember Me EP (Three Stripe/London/PolyGram, 1994)
- Bass Is Maternal (More Rockers, 1995)
- DJ-Kicks: Smith & Mighty (!K7 Records, 1998) (DJ mix album)
- Big World Small World (!K7 Records, 2000)
- Life Is... (!K7 Records, 2002)
- Retrospective (!K7 Records, 2004)
- Remixes of Neneh Cherry's 1988 single Manchild
- Production of early Massive Attack contributor Carlton McCarthy's 1990 solo album The Call Is Strong
- Bush, John. "Smith & Mighty". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- "Dug Out // Sound & Vision // Rob Smith and Smith & Mighty". electricpavilion.org. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- Webb, Peter (October 2007). "Once Upon A Time In Bristol: Bristol Blues and Roots". The Wire. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Smith & Mighty.|
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|