Smith & Wesson M&P10
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Smith & Wesson M&P10|
|Place of origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Smith & Wesson|
|Weight||3.50 kg (7.71 lb)|
|Length||955 mm (37.6 in) (collapsed)
1,039 mm (40.9 in) (extended)
|Barrel length||457 mm (18 in)|
|Cartridge||.308 Winchester/7.62×51mm NATO|
|Feed system||10-round detachable box magazine|
The M&P10 series of rifles is based on the AR-10. Smith & Wesson offers the M&P10 semi-automatic rifles in a variety of configurations tailored to specific shooting applications and styles. The standard model has a six-position collapsible stock, 4140 steel barrel, 7075 T6 aluminum receiver and a hard-coat black anodized finish.
In 2013, the M&P10 line was expanded to include the .308 Winchester calibre. Unveiled at 2013 SHOT Show, the rifle is available in several variants; the M&P10 (CA Compliant), M&P10 (Compliant), and the M&P10 CAMO. All are chambered in .308 Winchester.
- M&P10 CA Compliant: features a California Bullet Button, making it compliant for sale to civilians in California.
- M&P10 Compliant: features a fixed extended stock and non-threaded barrel, making it compliant for sale to civilians in Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. It was available in Massachusetts until the Attorney General, Maura Healy, issued a unilateral ban of it and all AR type rifles.
- M&P10 CAMO: features a Magpul Original Equipment rifle stock and hunter's camouflage finish on the receiver, handguard, and pistol grip.
- "Introducing the S&W M&P 10 in .308 Win", Guns and Ammo Magazine Interview at 2013 SHOT Show
- "Introducing the Smith & Wesson M&P10 in .308 Win". Guns and Ammo Magazine. January 17, 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- M&P10 CA Compliant Specifications Sheet
- M&P10 Compliant Specifications Sheet
- M&P10 CAMO Specifications Sheet