Smith & Caughey's
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Products||apparel, cosmetics, accessories, homewares, furniture, general merchandise|
Smith & Caughey Ltd, trading as Smith & Caughey's is a mid-sized department store chain (consisting of just two shops in one city, Auckland) in New Zealand, and is considered to be a top-range store stocking luxury brands such as Guerlain and La Prairie cosmetics, AGATHA Paris fashion jewellery, Armani Collezioni and Calvin Klein Jeans fashion among many others.
One of the older companies of the country, it was established in 1880 by Marianne Smith as a drapery store, and is the oldest Auckland department store. Currently, it is mostly fashion-oriented, with sections of jewelry and homewares.
The company has two stores in Auckland; on Queen Street, City Centre and Broadway, Newmarket. The Newmarket store is a mid-1880s heritage building constructed by the company. The Queen Street store, also in an old heritage building, was once famous for its 'Chefs Bar' established by Otto Groen.
Current departments include Cosmetics, Men's & Women's Fragrance, Wellbeing, Men's Grooming, Men's Clothing, Men's Underwear & Accessories, Jewellery, Handbags, Hosiery, Women's Accessories, Women's Fashion & Lingerie at both the Queen Street and Newmarket stores. Additionally Fine Foods & Wines, Men's & Women's Shoes, Luggage, Tableware, Kitchenware, Bed & Bathware, Childrenswear & Toys are available at the Queen Street flagship store. The company launched online shopping on its existing website in August 2013.
One of the many large-format cosmetics counters at Smith & Caughey's Queen Street, for Dior
- Perry, Keith (17 December 2006). "Christmas shopping kicks in a week late". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Lewis, Penny (13 July 2005). "Smith & Caughey's enchanting celebration". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- About Us (from the official store website)
- "Retail therapy: New life for old store". The New Zealand Herald. 7 September 2006. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Newmarket - Heritage Walk (from the website of the Newmarket business association)
- Macfarlane, Kirsten (1 March 2007). "Trailblazers who put sophistication and savvy on the Kiwi menu". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "'Spread the Word!' url =https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151552305731540&set=a.293726886539.153275.274383141539&type=1".