Smith (TV series)
|Created by||John Wells|
Jonny Lee Miller
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7 (4 unaired)|
|Running time||57 minutes (Pilot)
|Production company(s)||John Wells Productions
Warner Bros. Television
|Original release||September 19 – October 3, 2006|
The show follows a group of professional thieves who struggle to keep their work separate from the rest of their lives. The leader of the group Bobby Stevens (played by Ray Liotta) seeks to end his criminal ways after a few more big scores. His plan is not successful and his wife Hope (Virginia Madsen) becomes suspicious. Bobby has a day job as a salesman for a paper cup manufacturer, which allows him to travel frequently. Each episode portrays a heist or preparation for other jobs the thieves plan to undertake. Ongoing subplots examine each of the characters' double lives, a necessity in order to stay one step ahead of the authorities and shield their families.
- Ray Liotta as Bobby Stevens
- Virginia Madsen as Hope Stevens
- Simon Baker as Jeff Breen
- Jonny Lee Miller as Tom
- Franky G as Joe Garcia
- Amy Smart as Annie
- Chris Bauer as Agent Dodd
- Shohreh Aghdashloo as Charlie
Though critically acclaimed, it was canceled on October 6 after only three airings, becoming the first new show of the 2006–07 television season to be canceled.
In the UK, the show was also scheduled to be seen during the 2006 season, on ITV4. ITV4 rebroadcast the series in March 2007. It was later shown on Hallmark in August 2007 with all seven episodes airing.
All seven episodes of Smith, including the four episodes that never aired on CBS, were put on the network's Innertube broadband video section for a few weeks. Warner Bros. Television made all seven episodes (with a synopsis for the plotted eighth through twelfth episodes) available via digital download in November 2006 on Apple's iTunes Store, AOL, and Amazon.
|#||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. air date||Production Code||U.S. viewers
|1||"Pilot"||Christopher Chulack||John Wells||September 19, 2006||276010||11.00|
|2||"Two"||Christopher Chulack||John Wells||September 26, 2006||3T6001||9.67|
|3||"Three"||Christopher Chulack||John Wells||October 3, 2006||3T6002||8.38|
|4||"Four"||Stephen Cragg||Mark Rosner||N/A||3T6003||N/A|
|5||"Five"||Nelson McCormick||R. Scott Gemmill||N/A||3T6004||N/A|
|6||"Six"||Alex Zakrzewski||Frank Military||N/A||3T6005||N/A|
|7||"Seven"||Christopher Chulack||Theresa Rebeck||N/A||3T6006||N/A|
- "Smith: CBS Ray Liotta Series Cancelled", October 7, 2006.
- Wilkes, Neil. "ITV acquires three new US dramas", Digital Spy, June 20, 2006.
- "Program Rankings From 09/18/06 Through 09/24/06" (Press release). ABC Medianet. September 26, 2006. Retrieved April 15, 201. Check date values in:
- "Weekly Program Rankings From 09/25/06 Through 10/01/06" (Press release). ABC Medianet. October 3, 2006. Retrieved April 15, 201. Check date values in:
- "Weekly Program Rankings From 10/02/06 Through 10/08/06" (Press release). ABC Medianet. October 10, 2006. Retrieved April 15, 201. Check date values in: