Smith Township, Greene County, Indiana
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.84 sq mi (77.3 km2)|
|• Land||29.81 sq mi (77.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||577 ft (176 m)|
|• Density||12.8/sq mi (4.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453851|
|Source:US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.84 square miles (77.3 km2), of which 29.81 square miles (77.2 km2) (or 99.90%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.10%) is water. The stream of Hall Branch runs through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Harrison Township, Clay County (north)
- Jefferson Township, Owen County (northeast)
- Jefferson Township (east)
- Fairplay Township (southeast)
- Grant Township (south)
- Stockton Township (southwest)
- Wright Township (west)
- Lewis Township, Clay County (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Bohley, Campbell, Fuller and Scafford Prairie.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|