Smoky Township, Sherman County, Kansas
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Logan Township — north, west of Itasca Township
- Itasca Township — north, east of Logan Township
- Washington Township — northeastern corner
- Iowa Township — east
- Wallace Township, Wallace County — southeast
- Sharon Springs Township, Wallace County — south
- McPherson Township — west
- Lincoln Township — northwest
The north fork of the Smoky Hill River flows through Smoky Township. The Sherman Wildlife Area, with areas devoted to hunting and camping, is centered on a lake in the western part of the township, where the river is dammed.
- "Subcounty population estimates: Kansas 2000-2007" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Detailed Kansas map, United States Census Bureau, 2000. Accessed 2009-03-23.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, p. 28. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Smoky Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- §80-120, Kansas Statutes. Accessed 2009-03-23.