From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Smurfing (crime))
|Look up smurf in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Smurf is a fictional tiny blue humanoid from The Smurfs created by Belgian cartoonist Peyo in 1957.
Smurf, SMURF or smurfing may also refer to:
The Smurfs franchise
- The Smurfs (TV series), animated TV series
- The Smurfs (comics), Belgian comic series, created by Peyo
- The Smurfs (film), a 2011 film directed by Raja Gosnell
- The Smurfs merchandising
- The Smurfs music
- Smurf (Smurf language), an undefinable word and derivatives (including "smurfing") used as both verb and noun within the fictional Smurfs franchise
- "The Smurf", a single by Tyrone Brunson
- Janine "Smurf" Cody, a fictional character played by Jacki Weaver in the 2010 Australian film Animal Kingdom
- The Smurf (dance), an 80's dance fad
Science and technology
- Smurf attack, a type of denial of service (DoS) attack on computer networks
- SMURFs, smartphone spyware by GCHQ and the NSA in their WARRIOR PRIDE kit
- Stepped-frequency microwave radiometer, a microwave radiometer known as "smurf" from its abbreviation SFMR
Other uses 
- Smurfing (financial crime) or "structuring", a term related to money laundering
- Smurfing (methamphetamine production), the hiring of multiple individuals to exceed legal limits for purchase of pseudoephedrine for methamphetamine production
- Smurfing (Competitive online games) Smurfing in gamer terms, means the act of a high ranked player playing within a lower rank bracket.
- SMURF1, an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the SMURF1 gene
- Smurfette, a female character from The Smurfs
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Smurf.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.