The current logo, in use since 2000
|Founded||23 December 1986|
Claremorris, County Mayo, Ireland
|Founders||The Smyth Brothers|
Number of locations
|Owner||Smyth family (100%)|
The company is run by four brothers, and it was founded in Claremorris, County Mayo on 23 December 1986 . It is Ireland's largest toy retailer. The Globe Retail Park in Naas, Ireland was subject to a fire on 27 July 2016 that destroyed one of the shop's stockrooms, causing the shop to temporarily close, with operations being moved until repairs could be made.
Stores and subsidiaries
Expansion to Central Europe
- "Meet the Smyths, the Mayo family turning toy retailing into child's play".
- "About Us." Smyths. Retrieved on 23 April 2018. "Correspondence for all Smyths Toys companies: Lyrr Building 1, Mervue Business Park, Galway, Ireland"
- "Smyths Toys Unlimited Company | Irish Legal & Business Services Company & Director Check". www.solocheck.ie. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Toy mega store for Rayleigh Weir", Essex Echo, 13 September 2008
- "Smyths toy store evacuated after blaze - Independent.ie".
- POWNALL, SYLVIA (25 August 2016). "Shoppers queue outside Irish toy store from 1am for these MASSIVE bargains".
- "Smyths Toys sees UK profits soar 70pc - Independent.ie".
- "Smyths Toys to buy Toys R Us in Germany, Austria and Switzerland". Irish Times. 21 April 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
|This toy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|