|Industry||Online Game Developers|
|Chairman: Shi Hai|
Suzhou Snail Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 蜗牛 苏州蜗牛数字科技股份有限公司; pinyin: Wōniú sūzhōu wōniú shùzì kējì gǔfèn yǒuxiàn gōngsī), doing business as Snail (Chinese: 蜗牛; pinyin: Wōniú), is a Chinese video game company and a Virtual Network Operator headquartered in Suzhou, China, which has branches Snail Games and Snail Mobile. Its division, Snail USA, is responsible for bringing Snail Games products to audiences in North America, South America & Europe. With a focus on free-to-play online games, Snail Games acts as a developer and publisher of original IP across multiple genres and distribution channels, including massively multiplayer online (MMOs), real-time strategy (RTS), and casual games. Its global registered user base has reached over 70 million accounts, largely driven by its independent games portal Woniu.com. The U.S. operation anticipates the launch of its portal for Western audiences in Q2 2011, PlaySnail.com, to further drive its efforts abroad.
Snail was founded by Shi Hai in Suzhou, China, and became established as Suzhou Electronic Co., Ltd. in October 2014. The company is one of the first online game developers in China. With over 1,500 employees, Snail has a global presence, with offices in China (Suzhou and Shanghai), Taiwan, Russia and the US, and has localized its games into more than 20 languages.
Snail Games has received numerous awards over the past decade, including the “China Cultural Games Overseas Development Award” 4 years in a row, the “China Top 10 Game Provider” 3 years in a row, and over 30 additional prestigious awards from government, industry, media, and player communities around the world.
- Snail Games USA Announces Closed Beta Registration for The Chosen pc.ign.com, June 3, 2011
- Snail Games launches Ministry of War massively.joystiq.com, November 17, 2010
- Snail Games USA Announces Closed Beta Registration for The Chosen supervideogamer.com, June 6, 2011
- Snail Games USA Launches New Payment Channel with Go Cash Game Card Partnership gamasutra.com, August 4, 2010
- Snail Games Opens US HQ next-gen.biz, April 1, 2010
- GameDuell, Snail Games USA, OMGPOP and The9 Choose Offerpal Media for Virtual Currency Monetization blog.tapjoy.com, June 10, 2010
- Snail Games USA Announces Ministry of War Partnership with Kongregate mpogd.com, August 2, 2010
- Snail Games Usa Announces Closed Beta Registration For The Chosen gameinatrix.com, June 3, 2011
- About Snail snailgame.net, 2008