Jump to navigation Jump to search
The A170 road through Snainton
|Population||754 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||185 mi (298 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Sydney Cross Harland (19 July 1891 – 8 November 1982), Botanist, was born in the village, and died there in November 1982, after many commissions abroad. His great-grandfather William, was the cousin of Edward Harland.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Snainton Parish (1170217363)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- UK Census (2001). "Local Area Report – Snainton Parish (36UG043)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Honorary degree for actor Sir Ben". BBC News Online. 18 July 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- True, Alfred Charles (1937). A History of agricultural experimentation and research in the United States, 1607-1925 (1 ed.). Washington: Government Printing Office. pp. 52–53. OCLC 458404288.
- Hutchinson, Sir Joseph, F.R.S. (1984). "Sydney Cross Harland". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society. Vol. 30: 299. JSTOR 769829.