Snaith and Cowick
|Snaith and Cowick|
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Snaith
|Population||3,579 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Snaith and Cowick is a civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) west of the town of Goole and covers an area of 2,406.612 hectares (5,946.87 acres).
The civil parish is formed by the town of Snaith and the villages of East Cowick and West Cowick. According to the 2011 UK census, Snaith and Cowick had a population of 3,579, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 3,028.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Snaith and Cowick Parish (1170211263)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
- "2001 Census Area Profile" (PDF). East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2004. Archived (PDF) from the original on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- UK Census (2001). "Local Area Report – Snaith and Cowick Parish (1543504305)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "History of Snaith, in East Riding of Yorkshire and West Riding | Map and description". www.visionofbritain.org.uk. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- Gazetteer – A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. pp. 4, 10.
Media related to Snaith and Cowick at Wikimedia Commons