Snake and Mongoose
|Snake and Mongoose|
|Directed by||Wayne Holloway|
|Produced by||Elliott Broidy (executive producer)|
Snake and Mongoose is a 2013 film about Don "The Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen, the greatest rivalry and friendship in drag racing history. It is directed by Wayne Holloway, and stars Jesse Williams and Richard Blake as the namesake racers.
The film had a limited theatrical release in 20 cities between August 9, 2013 and November 4, 2013. Anchor Bay Films acquired the Home Entertainment rights and the film was released On Demand and Digital Download on March 4, 2014 and on DVD and Blu-ray on April 8, 2014.
The two help popularize the sport of drag racing when they team up in 1969 with Mattel's new Hot Wheels toy line, which had just hit the market the previous year. The partnership with Mattel helped revolutionize sports marketing.
- Jesse Williams as Don "The Snake" Prudhomme
- Richard Blake as Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen
- Noah Wyle as Arthur Spear
- Tim Blake Nelson as Mike McAllister
- Ashley Hinshaw as Lynn Prudhomme
- Kim Shaw as Judy McEwen
- John Heard as Wally Parks
- Ian Ziering as Keith Black
- Joshua Leonard as Thomas Greer
- Sean Brosnan as Kenny Youngblood
- Leonardo Nam as Roland Leong
- imdb: Elliott Broidy
- Fleming, Mike (2012-05-11). "Tim Blake Nelson Joins Noah Wyle In Drag-Race Drama 'Snake And Mongoose'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- Ahrens, Ronald (2013-08-27). "A Tale of Two Drag Racing Legends: 'Snake & Mongoose'". New York Times. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Snake and Mongoose". BoxOfficeMojo. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Goffen, Bob (2013-09-22). "Legendary Snake And Mongoose Dragsters Race To Scottsdale". Fox Sports 1. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Beck Media Press Release (2013-02-28). "'Snake and Mongoo$e' drag racing film opening in 25 cities Sept. 6". PR NewsChannel. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
|This article about a sports-related film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|