|Founded||February 28, 2014|
Number of employees
Snapp is a ride-hailing company from Tehran, Iran. Snapp launched in February 2014. Users can request a ride via the iOS or Android app, by indicating their location and destination. The price of the trip is set beforehand, to eliminate haggling. Snapp commissions drivers upon completing a background check, and showing a valid drivers license and insurance before hiring them.
Snapp is the only ride-hailing application in Iran which offers its website in Persian, English and French, becoming one of the most popular apps with foreigners in Iran.
Currently Snapp operates in Arak, Urmia, Isfahan and Suburbs (Najaf Abad, Fuladshahr, Shahin Shahr), Ahwaz, Babol, Bandar Abbas, Tabriz and suburbs, Tehran and suburbs, Rasht and suburbs, Sari and suburbs, Shiraz and suburbs, Qaem Shahr, Qazvin, Qom, Karaj and Suburb, Kerman, Mashhad, Yazd, Neyshaboor, Gorgan, Ardebil, Hamedan & Bushehr. They are looking to expand to new cities, and may even seek to expand internationally.
TechCrunch announced on October 9, 2016 that it had received a $20 million investment in a Series A round led by MTN Group, a South-African multinational. According to Shahram Shahkar, the CEO of the company, Snapp now employs more than 300,000 active drivers and more than 500 personnel (2017).
- "Snapp on Crunchbase". CrunchBase. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Azali, MohammadReza. "The Story Behind Snapp's $22M Raise". TechRasa. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Best apps for foreigners visiting Tehran - Living in Tehran". Living in Tehran. 2017-12-23. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "SNAPP TAXI DOWNLOAD". HiTehranHostel. Retrieved 12 July 2018. Text " SNAPP: IRANIAN VERSION OF UBER GUIDE" ignored (help)
- Bayrasli, Elmira. "With a €20 million Series A Snapp opens up ride-sharing in Iran". TechCrunch. Retrieved 11 October 2016.