|Directed by||Sathyan Anthikad|
|Produced by||Antony Perumbavoor|
|Written by||Sathyan Anthikad|
|Edited by||K. Rajagopal|
|Distributed by||Maaxlab PJ Entertainments Europe|
Snehaveedu is a 2011 Malayalam family drama film written and directed by Sathyan Anthikad. It stars Mohanlal, Sheela and Rahul Pillai in the lead roles. This is Mohanlal's 300th film and was one of the successful ventures of 2011.The film got positive reviews from the critics
The story revolves around Ajayan (Mohanlal), who, after having tried his luck in different cities around the world, comes back to his village to look after his ageing mother Ammukutty Amma (Sheela) and to get her love and the nostalgia of his growing up years. There, he starts a company for producing agricultural equipment and earns his living as a farmer. One day a boy comes and meets Ajayan claiming to be his son. Ajayan who used to boast himself as a womanizer in his youth is believed to be the boy's father by all villagers. Ammukutty Amma starts getting to like the boy and they form a very friendly relation and eventually she starts accepting the boy as Ajayan's real son, though Ajayan ferociously rejects the boy's claim and dislikes him. The boy is persuaded by Ammukkty Amma to get close with Ajayan and subsequent events soften Ajayans attitude towards the boy. Ajayan then set forth to enquire about the real identity of the boy and travels to Chennai. He is absolutely sure that he is not his father as the real truth is his stories about adventures with the woman were actually lies to get the admiration of his friends. The climax shows us that Ajayan accepts the boy as his own son.
- Mohanlal as Ajayan
- Sheela as Ammukkutty Amma
- Padmapriya as Sunanda
- Reeja as Shanthi
- Rahul Pillai as Karthik
- Biju Menon as SI Balachandran
- Lena Abhilash as Lilly
- Innocent as Mathai
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Reethamma
- Mamukkoya as Seithali
- Chembil Ashokan as Manian
- Urmila Unni as Nalini
- Arundathi[disambiguation needed] as Rosemol
- Sasi Kalinga as Krishnan Marar
- Appukutty as Pazhanisamy
- Praveen Premkumar
Keerthy Ramachandran of The Deccan Chronicle gave the film three stars out of five. She wrote that the film portrays the elements of a village, typical of Anthikad films "beautifully". She also compared the plot of the film to that of Minnaram (1994) and commended the performance of Sheela, which she felt was "brilliant". However, she ended on a mixed note, writing "What disappoints is that [Sathyan] Anthikad, who has always come up with sensible themes, has failed to send any subtle message this time". Veeyen of Nowrunning gave the movie a rating of 2 stars of 5 and said "With all ingredients in the right doses, 'Snehaveedu' remains exactly what you expect it to be - the quintessential Sathyan Anthikkad film. The family audience that has adored Sathyan Anthikkad films for long, is there at the theatres this time as well, but Snehaveedu emits enough smoke to set off the tedium fire alarm." Paresh C Palicha of Rediff gave the movie a rating of 2.5 stars out of 5 and said "Snehaveedu is a feel good movie". It added "In the final analysis, Sathyan Anthikad mixes and matches his recent successful films like Manassinakare, Rasthanthram and even Achuvinte Amma to make Snehaveedu, which leaves his fans with little to complain about." At Indiaglitz gave the movie a rating of 5.75 stars out of 10 stars and said "'Sneha veedu' is packed with all the signature elements of Sathyan Anthikkad that the families of Kerala admire, but a more cohesive script and convincing climax complemented by hit music should have made this a winner."
The movie received positive response from the family audience. According to Cinebuzz.co.in, the film has opened at number one position on Kerala box office registering 80 percent collections in almost all the centres and made a 100+ days run in 1 centre. According to Sify.com, Snehaveedu opened at number one position on Kerala box office. This is declared as hit.
|Soundtrack album by Ilaiyaraaja|
The songs in this movie were composed by Ilaiyaraaja. The lyrics were penned by Rafeeq Ahamed. Keerthy Ramachandran of The Deccan Chronicle commented that "lyrics of Rafeeq Ahmed are worth mentioning".
|1||"Chengathir Kaiyum"||K. S. Chithra||04:10||??|
|2||"Amruthamayi Abhayamai"||Hariharan||05.37||Yamun Kalyani|
|3||"Aavani Thumbi"||Shreya Ghoshal||04.51||Charukeshi|
|4||"Chandrabimbathin"||Rahul Nambiar, Shweta||04:39||Khamas|
|5||"Amruthamayi Abhayamai"||Rahul Nambiar||05.37||Yamun Kalyani|
- Best Actor - Mohanlal
- Best Supporting Actor - Biju Menon
- Best Character Actor - Innocent
- Best Character Actress - K. P. A. C. Lalitha
- Best Male Playback Singer - Hariharan
- Best Female Playback Singer - K. S. Chithra
- "Sathyan Anthikkad's 51st film – Snehaveedu". Mathrubhumi. 4 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- "Sathyan movie titled as Snehaveedu".
- "Snehaveedu – Movie Details".
- "Snehaveedu Stills". Bada Screen.
- "Snehaveedu". movies.sulekha.
- Ramachandran, Keerthy (1 October 2011). "Snehaveedu flatters to deceive". The Deccan Chronicle. 1 (194). Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited. p. 7. OCLC 29996911.
- V.N. "Snehaveedu Review". Nowrunning. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Paresh C Palicha. "Snehaveedu is a pleasant experience". Rediff. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Indiaglitz. "Watch Snehaveedu for Mohanlal". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- CineBuzz-Indian Rupee, Snehaveedu,Dr Love,Sevens,Pranayam,Satynaanthikadu,Mohanlal,Prithvi Raj,,Tilakan,Renjith, Palerimanikkam,Pranchiyetten ANd the saint,Indian Cinema,Exclu...
- Kerala Box-Office- 12 September to 8 October - Sify.com
- "Mathrubhumi Film Awards 2011".