All Saints' parish church
|Area||28.03 km2 (10.82 sq mi)|
|Population||201 (2011 Census)|
|• Density||7/km2 (18/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|Website||Snetterton Parish Council|
Snetterton is a village and civil parish in Norfolk, England. The village is about 9 miles (14 km) east-northeast of Thetford and 19 miles (31 km) southwest of Norwich. The civil parish has an area of 8.94 km2 (3.45 sq mi). The 2011 Census recorded a parish population of 201 people living in 74 households.
The earliest part of the Church of England parish church of All Saints is the 13th-century chancel, which has a double piscina. The west tower is 14th-century, as is the bowl of the baptismal font. In the 15th century the nave was rebuilt and the north aisle and south porch were built.
The north porch was added in the 19th century. The church was restored in 1852, when the nave and chancel roofs were rebuilt and a Gothic Revival chancel screen was installed. All Saints' is a Grade I listed building.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Snetterton Parish (E04006170)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes". Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council. 2001. Retrieved 2 December 2005.Archived 2017-02-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Ekwall 1960.
- Historic England. "Church of All Saints (Grade I) (1248425)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- Norwich (Map). 1:50,000. Landranger. Ordnance Survey. 1999. § 237. ISBN 0-319-21868-6.
- Ekwall, Eilert (1960) . Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Place-Names (4th ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0198691033.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1962). North-West and South Norfolk. The Buildings of England. 2. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. p. 316. ISBN 0-14-071024-8.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Snetterton.|
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|