|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|A component of Microsoft Windows|
Snipping Tool in Windows 8
|Also available for||Windows XP Tablet PC Edition|
Snipping Tool is a screenshooting utility included in Windows Vista and later. It can take screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. Snips can then be annotated using a mouse or a tablet, stored as an image file (PNG, GIF, or JPEG file) or an MHTML file, or e-mailed. Snipping Tool allows for basic image editing of the snapshot, with different colored pens, an eraser, and a highlighter.
Before Windows Vista, Snipping Tool was included in Experience Pack for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005. It was originally released as a PowerToy for the Microsoft Tablet PC launch on November 7, 2002.
- Screenshot software
- Features new to Windows Vista
- Grab, a similar utility in Mac OS X
- Snipping tool tips and tricks for Windows 10/ 8/ 7
- "Snipping Tool". microsoft.com. Microsoft. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Capture pop-up menus with Windows 10's new delayed Snipping tool". CNET. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
|This Microsoft Windows article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|