|Slogan||"Smokin' the Good Stuff"|
|Established||March 1, 2003|
|Head chef||Tootsie Tomanetz|
|Food type||Texas barbecue|
|Street address||516 Main Street|
Snow's BBQ is a renowned Texas barbecue restaurant located in the small town of Lexington roughly an hour outside of Austin, Texas to the east. Snow's is open only on Saturdays from 8AM until they run out of meat, which is often around noon. The unusual hours were originally kept to take advantage of a weekly Saturday livestock auction that takes place nearby at 12:30PM.
The name come's from owner Terry Bexler's lifelong nickname. As Bexler told it:
"When my mother was pregnant, an older gentleman here in town asked my brother, 'Do you want a little brother or a little sister?' He said, 'I want a little snowman.' So when I hit the deck, that's what I was called. Snowman."
In May 2008, Texas Monthly rated Snow's BBQ as the number-one BBQ joint in Texas, defeating long time champions Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas. In May 2013, Snow's was ranked number 2 on the magazine's Top 50 list of the best barbecue in Texas. The 2017 list saw Snow's trade places with Austin's Franklin Barbecue to retake the number 1 position. In early 2018, eighty-two year-old pitmaster Tootsie Tomanetz was nominated as a semifinalist for a James Beard Award.
- "Top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas". Texas Monthly Magazine. June 2008. Archived from the original on August 28, 2008. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Filloon, Whitney (25 Feb 2015). "How Snow's BBQ Rose From Obscurity to Texas Barbecue Stardom". Eater. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints". Texas Monthly Magazine. May 14, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints in Texas". Texas Monthly. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Horton, Jody (15 February 2018). "Snow's Pitmaster Tootsie Tomanetz Reacts to Her James Beard Semifinalist Nod". Texas Monthly. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Trillin, Calvin (November 24, 2008). "By Meat Alone". The New Yorker. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|