Snow Hill (Laurel, Maryland)
Snow Hill East Front, December 2008
|Location||13301 Laurel-Bowie Road (Maryland 197), Laurel, Maryland|
|Area||10 acres (4.0 ha)|
|Architectural style||Late Georgian|
|NRHP Reference #||74002200|
|Added to NRHP||August 13, 1974|
Snow Hill is a manor house located south of Laurel, Maryland, off Maryland Route 197, in Prince George's County. Built between 1799 and 1801, the 1 1/2-story brick house is rectangular, with a gambrel roof, interior end chimneys, and shed dormers. It has a center entrance with transom and a small gabled porch. A central hall plan was used, with an elaborate interior and corner cupboards. The original south wing was removed and rebuilt, and the home restored in 1940. The Late Georgian style house was the home of Samuel Snowden, part owner of extensive family ironworks, inherited from his father Richard Snowden. and is now owned and operated by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission as a rental facility.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Snow Hill (Laurel, Maryland).|
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Christopher Owens (May 1973). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Snow Hill" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- "Snow Hill Manor". Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- Snow Hill, Prince George's County, Inventory No.: PG:62-4, including photo in 1999, at Maryland Historical Trust website
- Snow Hill, 13209 Laurel-Bowie Road, Laurel vicinity, Prince George's County, MD: 20 photos and 15 data pages, at Historic American Buildings Survey
- Snow Hill, Log Dependency, 13209 Laurel-Bowie Road, Laurel vicinity, Prince George's County, MD: 1 photo and 1 data page, at Historic American Building Survey
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Prince George's County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|