Snow Tha Product
|Snow Tha Product|
|Birth name||Claudia Alexandra Feliciano|
|Also known as||Snow White the Product, Claudia White|
June 24, 1987 |
San Jose, California, US
|Origin||San Diego, California, US|
|Genres||Hip hop, Horrorcore|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, singer, songwriter, producer|
|Associated acts||Strange Music, Tech N9ne, Ty Dolla Sign|
Claudia Alexandra Feliciano (born June 24, 1987), better known by her stage name Snow Tha Product, is a Mexican-American Hip hop recording artist from San Diego, California. In 2013, she signed a record deal with Atlantic Records. Snow is perhaps best known for her singles "Holy Shit" and "Drunk Love", as well as her mixtape Good Nights & Bad Mornings. She released her first independent album Unorthodox, in 2011, to positive reviews.
1987–2010: Early life and career beginnings
Snow was born in San Jose, California. Her parents were undocumented Mexican immigrants. She later moved to San Diego. After graduating high school, she briefly attended San Diego Mesa College to study to become a social worker, but soon dropped out to pursue her music career.
Snow was involved in music since an early age. When she was 6, she appeared in school talent shows and performed with her grandfather’s mariachi band in Redwood City. She got her first touch with hip-hop when she moved to San Diego. As a teenager, she started freestyling with her friends. Soon, Snow got introduced to a person with recording-studio connections, through her mother, and started recording songs. When she was 19, she considered taking music seriously and decided to pursue a career as a rapper.
After recording a number of songs in Spanish, she caught the attention of Mexican artist Jaime Kohen. They recorded a collaboration song, titled "Alguien," which became popular in Mexico and appeared on Kohen's album Fotosíntesis.
2010–11: Breakthrough and Unorthodox
On October 26, 2011, Snow released her debut independent album on Street Science Ent. Unorthodox. The singles "Drunk Love" and "Woke Wednesday" became viral hits. As of 2013, "Drunk Love" has over 1.3 million views on YouTube. Her real breakthrough came with the song "Holy Shit." The 90-second-long song received acclaim and was featured on 50 Cent's site ThisIs50.com. The success of her songs caught the attention of three major record labels, which got in contact with her – Sony, Universal and Atlantic. She eventually signed to Atlantic and is preparing to release her debut studio album under the label in 2013. Adam Bernard of RapReviews.com, impressed by her work, went on to write "[Snow] may very well be one of the leaders of ... a bold new era of female emcees."
2012–present: Good Nights & Bad Mornings
In 2012, Snow appeared on songs by major artists, such as DJ Paul and Krizz Kaliko. In November, she performed at the ABN Reunion concert in Houston, Texas, among rappers Trae and Z-Ro. On December 12, 2012, Snow released her anticipated mixtape Good Nights & Bad Mornings, which spawned 3 singles: "Cookie Cutter Bitches", "Damn It" and "Lord Be with You".
The sequel to Good Nights & Bad Mornings was released on October 14, 2013. The tape, called Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover has guest appearances from Tech N9ne, The Cataracs, Trae tha Truth, CyHi the Prynce, Dizzy Wright and Ty Dolla Sign. On May 16, 2013, Snow released the first single "Cali Luv", produced by The Cataracs, which samples 2Pac's hit California Love. She was featured on Dutch DJ Chuckie's single "Makin Papers" along Lupe Fiasco and Too Short. The video for the song premiered on MTV on August 8, 2013. In 2013, Snow went on the Fight to Unite Tour with Kottonmouth Kings and Dizzy Wright and performed at the 2013 South by Southwest (SXSW) and Rock the Bells festivals. In February 2014, Snow went on a F#*K YOUR PLANS (COME KICK IT) tour.
On June 30, 2015, Snow released her latest mixtape, The Rest Comes Later.
Musical style and influences
She states she admires and supports artists, who have their own original style. Snow is influenced by artists, such as Missy Elliott, Da Brat, Big Pun, Lauryn Hill, Aaliyah, Amy Winehouse, André 3000, Ludacris, Eminem, Busta Rhymes, 2Pac, Tech N9ne and Brotha Lynch Hung, as well as Mexican actress María Félix and singers Gloria Trevi and Lupita D'Alessio.
- "Snow Tha Product Is Mexican AF (GGN) - YouTube". GGN via YouTube. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Snow Tha Product". Lo-Cal Music. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product Twitter". Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- Samantha Leal (2012-06-13). "Introducing Music Artist Snow Tha Product". Latina.com. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Review: Snow Tha Product – Unorthodox". Sermon's Domain. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Edwin Ortiz (2012-12-12). "Snow Tha Product Discusses "Good Nights & Bad Mornings," Confirms Tech N9ne Collaboration". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Cary Darling (2012-08-08). "Snow Tha Product creates a flurry of buzz". DFW.com. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "SNOW Tha Product – DOPE MAG Cover Queen". DOPE Magazine. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Unorthodox". iTunes. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Summer Sensations // Snow Tha Product". Dr. Jays. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product - Drunk Love". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Adam Bernard (2011-09-27). "Snow Tha Product Interview". RapReviews.com. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "DJ Paul – I’m Dat Raw (rmx) f. Snow Tha Product". 2DopeBoyz. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Krizz Kaliko – Damage f. Snow Tha Product (Video)". 2DopeBoyz. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Abn Reunion Trae Tha Truth". Song Kick. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product - Good Nights & Bad Mornings". DJ Booth. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product Releases New Mixtape, ‘Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover’". XXL. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Snow Tha Product - Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover".
- "Snow Tha Product Releases "Cali Luv"". XXL Magazine. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Video Premiere: Chuckie Featuring Lupe Fiasco, Too $hort + Snow Tha Product, 'Makin' Papers'". MTV. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Snow Tha Product Discusses Her Favorite Albums". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- "Snow Tha Product". SXSW. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Rock the Bells Hip Hop Festival | Los Angeles | September 7 & 8". RockTheBells.net. Archived from the original on 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- Official website
- Wake Ya Game Up
- SnowThaProduct's Facebook
- SnowThaProduct's Twitter
- SnowThaProduct's Channel
- WokeProductions' Channel
- SnowThaProduct's Soundcloud
- SnowThaProduct's Instagram