Snow Tha Product
|Snow Tha Product|
Snow Tha Product at the VMAs, 2017.
|Birth name||Claudia Alexandra Feliciano|
|Also known as||Snow White Tha Product|
June 24, 1987|
San Jose, California, USA
|Origin||San Diego, California, US|
Product Entertainment (2007–2010) (2018-present)|
Atlantic Records (2012–2018)
Claudia Alexandra Feliciano, known professionally as Snow Tha Product, is an American hip hop recording artist and actress from San Jose, California. She released her first album Unorthodox in 2011. In 2012, she signed a record deal with Atlantic Records. Snow is best known for the singles "Holy Shit" and "Drunk Love", as well as her mixtape Good Nights & Bad Mornings.
Feliciano was born on June 24, 1987, in San Jose, California, to Mexican parents. She then moved to San Diego, California. After graduating high school, she briefly attended San Diego Mesa College to begin studying to become a social worker. However, she soon dropped out of college to pursue her music career.
During her younger years, Feliciano became more involved with her music. At the age of 6, she appeared in school talent shows and began performing with her grandfather’s mariachi band in Redwood City. She got her first exposure to hip-hop when she moved to San Diego. As a teenager, she started freestyling with her friends. At the age of 19, she began taking music seriously and decided to pursue a career as a rapper. She adopted her name from Disney's character Snow White. Initially using the name "Snow White", and then add it along with "the Product", and then change it into her new moniker as "Snow Tha Product". After recording a number of songs in Spanish, she caught the attention of Mexican artist Jaime Kohen. They recorded a collaboration song, titled "Alguien," which became popular in Mexico and appeared on Kohen's album Fotosíntesis.
2010–11: Breakthrough and Unorthodox
On October 26, 2011, Snow released her debut independent album on Street Science Ent. Unorthodox. The singles "Drunk Love" and "Woke Wednesday" became viral hits. As of 2013, "Drunk Love" has over 1.3 million views on YouTube. Her real breakthrough came with the song "Holy Shit." The 90-second-long song received acclaim and was featured on 50 Cent's site ThisIs50.com. The success of her songs caught the attention of three major record labels, which got in contact with her – Sony, Universal and Atlantic. She eventually signed to Atlantic and was preparing to release her debut studio album under the label in 2013. Adam Bernard of RapReviews.com, impressed by her work, went on to write "[Snow] may very well be one of the leaders of ... a bold new era of female emcees.".
2012–14: Good Nights & Bad Mornings
In 2012, Snow appeared on songs by major artists, such as DJ Paul and Krizz Kaliko. In November, she performed at the ABN Reunion concert in Houston, Texas, among rappers Trae and Z-Ro. On December 12, 2012, Snow released her anticipated mixtape Good Nights & Bad Mornings, which spawned 3 singles: "Cookie Cutter Bitches", "Damn It" and "Lord Be with You".
The sequel to Good Nights & Bad Mornings was released on October 14, 2013. The tape, called Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover has guest appearances from Tech N9ne, The Cataracs, Trae tha Truth, CyHi the Prynce, Dizzy Wright and Ty Dolla Sign. On May 16, 2013, Snow released the first single "Cali Luv", produced by The Cataracs, which samples 2Pac's hit California Love. She was featured on Dutch DJ Chuckie's single "Makin Papers" along Lupe Fiasco and Too Short. The video for the song premiered on MTV on August 8, 2013. In 2013, Snow went on the Fight to Unite Tour with Kottonmouth Kings and Dizzy Wright and performed at the 2013 South by Southwest (SXSW) and Rock the Bells festivals. In February 2014, Snow went on a F#*K YOUR PLANS (COME KICK IT) tour.
2015–17: The Rest Comes Later & Half Way There...Pt. 1
On June 30, 2015, Snow released the mixtape, The Rest Comes Later. She followed this with a tour of the same name with Audio Push. On February 17, 2016, she was featured on the remix to Joell Ortiz's single "Kill At Will". On May 2, 2016, she announced the Halfway There Tour. On June 17 she released her EP Half Way There...Pt. 1. In November 2016, Snow contributed to The Hamilton Mixtape, joining rappers K'naan, Riz MC, and Residente on the track "Immigrants (We Get The Job Done)". The music video for the song was released on June 28, 2017. In October 2017 she released the single "Nuestra Cancion Pt. 2", which featured Arcangel.
2017-18: Vibe Higher Mixtape
Musical style and influences
Snow is known for her rapid fire style of rapping. She stated she admires and supports artists who have their own original style. Snow is influenced by artists, such as Missy Elliott, Da Brat, Big Pun, Lauryn Hill, Aaliyah, Amy Winehouse, André 3000, Ludacris, Johnny Cash, Eminem, Busta Rhymes, 2Pac, Mac Dre, Tech N9ne, and Brotha Lynch Hung, as well as Mexican actress María Félix and singers Selena Quintanilla, Gloria Trevi and Lupita D'Alessio.
- Studio albums
- Unorthodox (2011)
- Raising the Bar (2008)
- Run Up or Shut Up (2010)
- Wake Ya Game Up, Vol. 1 (2010)
- Unorthodox 0.5 (2011)
- Good Nights & Bad Mornings (2012)
- Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover (2013)
- The Rest Comes Later (2015)
- Vibe Higher Mixtape (2017)
- Half Way There...Pt. 1 (2016)
- "Snow Tha Product Is Mexican AF (GGN) - YouTube". GGN via YouTube. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- SNOW THA PRODUCT [@SnowThaProduct] (31 May 2014). "I always wished! I wanted to be Alejandra Guzman but mine is Alexandra :( RT @WokeMarijuana: @SnowThaProduct Alejandra?" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "MC Lyte & Snow Tha Product to Guest Star on USA's 'Queen of the South'". Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- Flores, Griselda (June 10, 2016). "Meet Snow Tha Product, Latina MC Making a Name for Herself in the Rap World". billboard.com. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- "Review: Snow Tha Product – Unorthodox". Sermon's Domain. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Samantha Leal (2012-06-13). "Introducing Music Artist Snow Tha Product". Latina.com. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Snow Tha Product - Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover | Download & Listen [New Mixtape], retrieved 2017-02-22
- Edwin Ortiz (2012-12-12). "Snow Tha Product Discusses "Good Nights & Bad Mornings," Confirms Tech N9ne Collaboration". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Cary Darling (2012-08-08). "Snow Tha Product creates a flurry of buzz". DFW.com. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "SNOW Tha Product – DOPE MAG Cover Queen". DOPE Magazine. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Unorthodox". iTunes. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Summer Sensations // Snow Tha Product". Dr. Jays. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product - Drunk Love". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- Adam Bernard (2011-09-27). "Snow Tha Product Interview". RapReviews.com. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "DJ Paul – I'm Dat Raw (rmx) f. Snow Tha Product". 2DopeBoyz. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Krizz Kaliko – Damage f. Snow Tha Product (Video)". 2DopeBoyz. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Abn Reunion Trae Tha Truth". Song Kick. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product - Good Nights & Bad Mornings". DJ Booth. Retrieved 2012-12-22.
- "Snow Tha Product Releases New Mixtape, 'Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover'". XXL. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Snow Tha Product - Good Nights & Bad Mornings 2: The Hangover".
- "Snow Tha Product Releases "Cali Luv"". XXL Magazine. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Video Premiere: Chuckie Featuring Lupe Fiasco, Too $hort + Snow Tha Product, 'Makin' Papers'". MTV. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Snow Tha Product Discusses Her Favorite Albums". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- "Snow Tha Product". SXSW. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Rock the Bells Hip Hop Festival | Los Angeles | September 7 & 8". RockTheBells.net. Archived from the original on 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "KXNG Crooked - Not For The Weak Minded (No Tags) Feat. Snow tha Product | Stream [New Song]". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Audio Push Announce "The Rest Comes Later" Tour With Snow Tha Product". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- http://hiphopdx.com, HipHopDX -. "Joell Ortiz Enlists Snow Tha Product & Token For "Kill At Will (The Sequel)"". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "if u watched us LIVE LAST NIGHT U KNOW... - Snow Tha Product | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Texas rapper Snow Tha Product featured on 'Hamilton' pro-immigration song". Chron. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- Whitmore, Tomás; Warsame, Keinan; Joglar, René; Ahmed, Rizwan; Feliciano, Claudia (June 28, 2017). Whitmore, Tomás; Aquino, Alexander, eds. The Hamilton Mixtape: Immigrants (We Get The Job Done). YouTube.
- Kreps, Daniel (June 28, 2017). "Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases 'Immigrants' Video From 'Hamilton Mixtape'". Rolling Stone.
- Estevez, Marjua (October 13, 2017). "Snow Tha Product & Arcangel Party Through Heartbreak in 'Nuestra Cancion Pt. 2' Video: Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-10-16.